An exciting newly created Tax Accountancy vacancy with CVS Group in Diss.
Your new company
CVS are the largest integrated veterinary service provider in the UK with turnover in excess of £200m and over 5000 employees. CVS operate several key business areas; over 400 veterinary surgeries, diagnostic laboratories, a pet crematoria division, a successful eCommerce business, pet insurance and two buying groups.
CVS are a highly acquisitive business, having doubled in size in the last three years and have further expansion, development and diversification initiatives planned. Due to their continued expansion, Hays are working in partnership with the business on this new opportunity for a Tax Accountant.
Your new role
This role has responsibility for supporting the Senior Financial Accountant in delivery of all aspects of tax accounting and compliance. The principal aspects of the role are:
- Corporation tax compliance, including preparation, review and submission of tax returns using in-house software;
- Calculations of estimated tax liability for quarterly instalments and timely payments of all amounts due;
- VAT compliance, including maintaining the Group scheme, submission of returns, VAT payments;
- Overseas VAT compliance, including submission of EC sales lists and oversight of third party accountants submitting non-UK VAT returns;
- Liaison with non-UK tax advisors on tax compliance issues relevant to overseas operations, including corporation tax, VAT and transfer pricing;
- Responsible for all areas of current and deferred tax accounting for interim and annual accounts, including calculation of deferred tax and current tax liability;
- Development of robust documentation for all areas of tax compliance to support the Group's Senior Accounting Officer obligations;
- Provision of technical support and advice to the Group in respect of all aspects of tax.
What you'll need to succeed
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with significant tax experience gained in practice or corporate environment
- Specialist tax qualification desirable but not essential
- Experience of overseas tax including VAT and CT desirable
- Strong oral communication skills
- Proactive and driven to succeed
- Good organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Intermediate excel user
- Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels
- Able to influence others
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary
- 5 weeks holiday + Bank Holidays
- The opportunity to join the industry leading CVS sharesave scheme
- A range of other employment benefits such as childcare vouchers and ride to work schemes
- Substantially discounted veterinary care and medication for your pets, along with the ability to benefit from discounted pet insurance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Tax Senior
- Tax Accountant
- Qualfied Accountant
- Tax Asssociate