TAP LONDON OPPORTUNITY
TAP LONDON provides marketing and analytical consulting, implementation, ongoing support and execution services that help organisations to increase their revenue, improve customer experience and reduce costs.
That means helping our clients to exploit customer data and marketing technology through a blend of valuable projects, onsite knowledge transfer and support.
As a young, implementation-focused business that is experiencing strong growth, successful candidates will have the chance to build a company as well as their own careers working with big-ticket customer data and marketing technologies.
ROLE, KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Talend Consultant will play a key role in the delivery of customer data and marketing technology solutions to both new and existing customers. This is a hand-on technical role role which will involve wearing a variety of hats across multiple client-facing projects, often including parallel assignments in different departments of the same client organisation.
Ideally you will be familiar with the domain of customer analytics with a good technical grounding in database design and modelling, to allow you to understand and build relationships between disparate sets of data held across a wide range of platforms. A passion for building innovative and thought leading solutions that are technically sound will be key.
The day to day responsibilities include:
- Acts as the Talend Consultant | Solutions Architect on a number of projects.
- Designs, develops and supports complex solutions that extract, transform and load data from multiple sources into a data structure that can support customer insight and experience management needs.
- Plans and conducts ETL unit and end-to-end testing; monitors results and takes action.
- Organises and running workshops/data stakeholder interviews to elicit requirements.
- Delivers appropriate project artefacts/documentation, such as Data Model, Talend Technical Design, Solution Roadmap, Testing Plan etc.
- Supports the sales process by preparing proposals and attending pitches.
- Provides best practice recommendations to new/existing clients.
- Works closely with the business lead to ensure the successful delivery of client projects.
- Oversees the end-to-end delivery of BI technology from vendors that include Talend, Tableau, Microsoft and more.
We have clients across many industries including Consumer Electronics, Financial Services, Insurance, Non-Profit, Publishing, Retail, Telecoms, Travel and more. Although the majority of these clients are based in and around London, international/national travel will be required from time to time.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We are primarily interested in bright and articulate self-starters who have experience delivering complex data projects in a client-facing environment. As such, we are less interested in your industry experience and more interested in your rounded technical understanding with the communication skills to back this up.
The following traits, skills and experience are essential:
- Strong hands-on Talend experience in a client facing role e.g. Talend Consultant.
- Understanding of dimensional modelling.
- Experience developing complex SQL queries, stored procedures and triggers.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; with a natural ability to articulate ideas, problems and technical solutions in a way that non-technical people can understand.
- Demonstrable experience working in a project-based, client-facing environment.
- Prefers a hands-on approach to gathering user requirements.
- Impatient with inefficiency and incompetence.
- Creative thinker.
- Takes pride in their work.
- Confident and decisive.
In addition, the following traits, skills and experience are desirable (but not essential):
- Certified in a formal development/project methodology e.g. PRINCE2, PMBOK, DSDM etc.
- Requirements modelling techniques e.g. UML, use cases, user stories etc.
- Passion for agile development practices.
THE GOOD BIT
Every member of staff is automatically enrolled into our profit based company bonus scheme, this will be explained in person as it’s complicated but works. If TAP are successful, we want to directly share this with the team that makes it happen.
The TAP London office is based in Southwark, easy walking distance from Southwark, Waterloo, and Elephant and Castle tubes. Working hours are 9:00am until 5:30pm but in truth this will never happen - some days will be long, some days will be short, but all days will be rewarding!
You will be entitled to 23 days holiday year. We have no rules about when you take your holiday, just work with your colleagues to make some sensible choices. If you need more holiday that’s also fine, just share your available days with your colleagues and make it up to them.
All employees will be automatically enrolled into our company pension scheme.
We operate several other benefit schemes that include local gym membership, cycle to work, childcare vouchers, online training and a travel card loan scheme. We are always looking to add new benefits to our package!
"Office Assistant jobs in London"