Tableau Analyst Developer
We offer a very competitive salary which is based on experience and will be discussed on a case by case basis.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The candidate will be responsible for capturing Innovation IT’s client requirements, generating functional specifications, designing & developing dashboards, data migration, integrating to multiple sources of data, troubleshooting and debugging of existing systems.
The candidate should also show to be a proactive and creative person, who is able to technically lead and be comfortable offering new ideas to improve the company’s analytics and broader BI service, as well as to be adaptable and willing to learn new skills.
The candidate will have typically 3 to 8 years’ experience in a Tableau or related analyst and development role. He or she should be able to contribute to the organisation immediately on engagement, with an attitude of continuous improvement of current services, and is expected to be flexible in a fast-changing environment, friendly, approachable and have an attitude to support the mission, vision and values of the organisation.
This post will report to the BI Service Lead and is expected to be able to work collaboratively with colleagues not only across the organisation but also with Innovation IT’s partner organisations.
The main tasks and responsibilities will include (but not restricted to)
To understand and help implement Innovation IT business processes and procedures.
- Provide thought leadership, best practices, and standards required to deliver effectivesolutions to clients with focus on Tableau and to be flexible to consider other BI tools and technologies in the future.
- Collaborate with business users and analyse user requirements.
- Create functional & technical documentation related to Business Intelligence solutions.
- Design, developand implement Tableau based BI solutions and the required supporting architecture not only for Tableau but integration to data sources and third party systems.
- Provide support to internal and external users of all systems within the agreed deadline.
- To technically lead the development activities and collaborate with internal team or partner organisations and suppliers, as required.
- Ensure a smooth delivery of service to users.
- Prioritise tasks in agreement with the business objectives of the organisation.
- Provide regular status and activity reports.
- Continual improvement of development approaches and processes.
- Assist in the supervision of trainees, interns and volunteers, if applicable.
- Continued development and gaining professional certifications/accreditations.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The candidate must be able to show evidence of skills in as many of the following as possible.
- Having good understanding of requirements gathering, analytics, Tableau architecture (front and back-end) design, development and end user experience.
- Extensive experience in Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, Tableau Online and Tableau Reader in various versions of Tableau 10/9.x+.
- Should able to handle advance charts using Tableau.
- Solid SQL Server skills, PL/SQL and Data modelling.
- MS SQL server (2008, 2008 R2, 2012 and later).
- Azure or AWZ platform development.
- Able to deliver using an Agile approach.
- Should have excellent understanding on Tableau sources and user groups.
- Hands-on experience in business intelligence, reporting, and analytics.
- Able to work closely with business power users to create reports/dashboards using Tableau desktop.
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, time management and organizational skills.
- An innovative and creative mind-set to drive the development of future solutions.
- Able to effectively communicate, both written and oral, with teams in India and UK.
- The ability to be a self-starter but also an effective team member.
- Exposure to the Facilities Management, Waste Management and Healthcare industries.
- Ability to listen and interpret user needs, understand problems, translate and communicate those to a technical perspective (verbal and written).
- Confidently work with suppliers, partners, customers and internal staff and management.
- Ability to train users.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL QUALFICATIONS
- At least a good degree or equivalent in a computer science or another relevant subject is essential.
- A post graduate qualification in a relevant subject is preferred.
- Certified Tableau Developer is preferred.
- PRINCE2 certification is preferred.
- AGILE certification is preferred.
- A valid driving licence is preferred.
LOCATION & TRAVEL
The post will be based at Innovation IT’s Edinburgh office. Home based working will also be considered, with visits to the office on an as and when required basis. International travel may be required from time to time. This can be discussed in more detail with the successful candidate.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job