- Ensure the delivery of structured training for the Trust; primarily the Trusts' clinical systems (currently SystmOne and RiO), SharePoint, Microsoft Office and other key systems.
- Ensure that Systems Trainers work closely with the Clinical Systems Developers and Data Quality Officers (part of the wider Informatics department) to provide an integrated support resource for all type of clinical systems support requirements.
- Responsible for requirement gathering, planning and implementing future and existing training programmes to meet system and user requirements,
- Liaise with other Informatics functions, to ensure that developments and system problems are resolved promptly wherever possible. Otherwise escalate to providers/suppliers.
- Participate on a regular basis, as part of the Systems Team in providing 2nd line support to users of Trusts systems.
- Continually develop an understanding of the work processes of different services and/or individuals in order to identify software and training requirements.
- Ensure that joint working and close co-operation is developed and maintained with staff both internal and external, providing the clinical/operational services in order to maintain a complete and seamless service to end users.
- Oversee and co-ordinate input from the Systems Trainers surrounding the support of new developments/systems for the Trust.
- Lead/Attend user groups and seminars internal and external as required by management.
- Responsible for supplying input to external audit/IG Toolkit as required by management.
- Lead the Systems Trainers to evaluate, teach, instruct and/or train users in relevant knowledge, techniques and skills using appropriate methods, equipment and materials.
- Provide training and support for all staff within the Trust on a comprehensive range of IT applications and systems along with IT related topics.
- Support the Clinical Systems Trainers in their delivery of training soft skills to key users within the service so that key users in turn can support their teams. Developing staff core competencies as appropriate. Provide direct training as necessary.
- Support the Systems Manager by leading a robust Training Needs Analysis process of all identified users competencies. Evaluate, against pre-set criteria, the ability levels of users.
- Provide advice and guidance to managers and individuals to ensure consistent good practice in relation to clinical system development. Develop the team to contribute to this activity.
- Co-ordinate the design, review and implement IT training packages to support the Trust in the drive to enhance the use of IT applications
- Where required be the responsible person for managing and delivering project streams relating to system implementations using project methodologies such as PRINCE2 or equivalent. Apply all aspects of the Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Receive, access and respond, in a timely and professional manner, to user queries, providing problem solving support (in relation to application and clinical system use) and follow-up where required.
- Responsible for ensuring your functions section of the Trust intranet is maintained, remains relevant, informative and accessible.
- Co-ordinate the Interpretation of technical focused training manuals and translate to instructions for non-technical users.
- Responsible for ensuring the development of material for the Trusts central induction process, and deliver awareness of the IT Training function and also the drive to support data quality.
- Provide regular routine activity reports; ensuring consistent and timely information relating to IT training activities
- Ensure that training databases are up to date as required, ensuring data is relevant and accurate to enable performance and activity reporting
- Ensure the effective management of the booking process, training requests and course schedules.
- Monitor attendance and non-attendance and implement appropriate measures
- Ensure a robust post course evaluation and customer satisfaction process is in place and implemented. This will include electronic surveys after trainees have returned to their work practices.
- Evaluate & review IT training packages and initiatives providing a basic recommendation as to their suitability to enhance the use of IT applications
- In conjunction with the Data Quality Officers, Support the Trust in its drive to improve data quality within clinical information systems.
- Support the Systems Manager by designing and implementation robust Training Plans.
- Promote the benefits of computer applications and help realise those benefits.
- Take the lead, co-ordinating the training larger temporary teams for new deploymentse. identified super users across the Trust to provide local support
- Actively participate in a programme of continual self-improvement.
- Actively participate in a programme of continual improvement for the service.
- Actively work towards ITIL rated service delivery.
- Any other duties of a comparable nature as may be allocated to the post.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A NON-PERMANENT ROLE, INITIALLY UPTO 3 MONTHS BUT WITH THE VIEW OF EXTENSION.
DUE TO THE LARGE VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS WE RECEIVE IT IS ONLY POSSIBLE TO RESPOND TO SHORT LISTED APPILCANTS. IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED FEEDBACK WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION THEN ON THIS OCCASION YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.
- training manager
- Training lead