Systems Support Engineer (Remote) – Fire & Security
eSift are currently looking for a team of experienced Fire and Security Engineers with strong technical knowledge to join Our client, the leading global integrated security company, specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions.
Location: Belfast (BT4)
Salary: £30-35k per annum dependent on experience plus other benefits
Hours: This will be a 24/7 operation, so we are either looking at shift work to cover night shifts or alternatively an on-call rota, to cover out of hours and weekends.
Due to a new contract win, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Systems Support Engineer in our clients Fire & Security Systems business team based in their Belfast Offices.
You will be responsible for the remote commissioning of contract sites in conjunction with the site-based installation teams, providing technical support and diagnostics to end users and other site based employees around the UK with a view to resolving as many system faults remotely as possible.
You will also be responsible for the provision of remote PPM activities on intruder alarm systems and collation of results onwards to the account management and admin functions.
This role would suit an engineer looking to take a step back from travelling, who is happy to work from one site only and remotely on a day to day basis.
To be successful in this position you will have/be;
- Previous experience of working at an engineering level with Access Control Systems, Intruder Alarms and / or CCTV systems
- Previous experience of offering over the phone & remote diagnostics / PPM service
- Customer focused with the ability to communicate technical subject matter to none technical end users or technically capable engineers
- Able to work on own and in a team environment.
- Good time management skills; able to meet project deadlines.
- The ability to write clear, well-structured reports and instructions
- Highly organized with the ability to find filed reference material quickly and pull out the required information in a concise manner.
- Experience of installing and servicing fire alarm systems, ideally GENT based.
- ONC or equivalent level education in computing, electronics, electrical engineering or similar
- Manufacturer certification in any of the following product fields; Access Control, Intruder Alarms, CCTV, PA, Fire Systems
- Knowledge of current IT systems including: MS Operating systems both Server and Client, LAN/WAN networking, Honeywell Galaxy Gold / IDS Service Manager, experience of working with Hanwha / Samsung CCTV systems.
- GENT training certification, experience of EXACQ CCTV systems, experience with Honeywell Galaxy intruder alarm systems and any FIA accredited fire qualifications would be desirable.
eSift have been appointed as the resource partner and we are managing this role on behalf of our client. To apply for this position please click on the “apply now” button below. Your CV will then be held on our central database, if for any reason you do not wish us to retain your details please contact us via .