Systems Engineer / Support Developer - Preston
Exclusive - Brand New Role
Role based near Preston, commutable from Blackburn, Blackpool, Leyland, Chorley, Southport, Bolton, Wigan, Skelmersdale, Leigh, Bury, and Manchester.
Salary - Up to £40k (Depending on experience) + Benefits
An exciting brand new role has been created for an experienced and highly enthusiastic IT Systems Engineer / Support Developer to join an established UK subsidiary of a major European producer of innovative supply solutions and premium quality high performance products to the UK marketplace.
Based out of my clients UK HQ near Preston your role will be to undertake in the development and maintenance of all internal applications. This will also include the provision of professional assistance to internal and external customers having software / hardware related problems.
As a Systems Engineer / Support Developer your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Enhance and maintain current software application
- Proactively analyse business system requirements and recommend solutions
- Install, support and troubleshooting approved software
- Recommend hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades
- Demonstrate good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Use skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices, company policies and procedures
- Ability to work on call after hours as required
- Ability to work independently and take ownership
- Solid technical and analytical skills:
- Experience of software development essential. To include:
- Data Warehousing techniques
- 4GL Programming (derivative of Informix 4GL)
- Ability to manage IT / Desktop initiatives and organise projects
- Thorough knowledge of supported Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Intermediate experience with Active Directory administration
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of individuals with varying system / software issues
- Any hands on experience with the following is highly desirable:
- Servers (Linux)
- Cisco Networking
- ITIL experience preferred but not essential
- Positive attitude and attention to detail
This new role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to build and develop upon this position, taking full ownership and responsibility accordingly.
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written are essential, with the ability to work on your own initiative and to keep ahead of the game.
In return the successful candidate will received a competitive salary plus company benefits, plus job stability and genuine career progression.
For more information on this EXCLUSIVE role please contact Rob Owen at VALIA Recruitment Solutions.
- Data Warehousing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job