Systems Migration Consultant
Salary £35-40k + car allowance & benefits package
Cameron James is working with a leading North Yorkshire based insurance broker in the recruitment of a System Migration Consultant.
A newly created role within the organisation, this is an exciting opportunity to play a key part in a business that has exciting expansion plans for the future.
Working closely with business partners you will assist in the smooth migration of systems, ensuring best practice is implemented within each business. The role will also provide a consultancy service to business partners assisting with system migration and undertaking system efficiency reviews to support members in achieving best practice for their businesses.
As this role will be field based across the UK a full driving license is essential.
- Provide industry knowledge and technical systems expertise to assist in the development of both Acturis and Open GI software, to be implemented across all Partner businesses
- Provide industry knowledge and technical systems expertise to assist Members to configure system requirements to deliver to individual business needs
- Undertake system testing for both Partner and Member businesses
- Support Partner businesses to make a smooth transition from their existing system
- Support Members to make a smooth transition from their existing system to their defined configuration
- Provide ongoing coordination between the Partner business/ Members and software house throughout migration
- Provide project management and planning of the system migration, including development of a transition plan, ensuring overall governance, including control and identifying and reporting of risks and issues to management.
- Work with other internal teams to ensure Partner businesses integrate smoothly (Client Money, MI ,Finance, Agency and the Integration PMO)
- Assist with data transfer and establishment of MI reporting
- Reporting regularly to Senior Management and the Integration team on progress and issues affecting the implementation plan
- Provide ongoing technical support to both Partners and Members post migration
- Identify training requirements and coordinate training plans with Systems Support Team
- Provide ongoing efficiency reviews to improve system usage and processes for both Partner and Member businesses
- Experience of working as a Systems Consultant in the Insurance industry and in particular with broking systems ( ideally OpenGI, Acturis or SSP)
- Good understanding of the broking environment and processes
- Good technical knowledge with ability to learn new systems with ease
- Experience of working and managing relationships between software house and customer
- Strong stakeholder management and communication (verbal and written) skills