A Systems Manager role paying up to £47,375 with additional performance related pay up to £59,219
Your new company
A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced hands-on and technical Systems Manager to join an organisation that is a global leader for transformational research in technology and management.
Your new role
In your new role as Systems Manager you'll be responsible for a team of 4 which is made up of 2 Systems Specialists and 2 Desktop Specialists and you'll be responsible for supporting approximately 750 servers/systems and 4000+ users. The systems team manage, support and develop the technical systems infrastructure services, whether on-premise or cloud-based. You'll ensure that all aspects of the systems infrastructure are developed, managed, operated and supported efficiently, delivering a high quality, high availability service to meet the evolving needs of the organisation.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience of managing a group of IT specialists and processes including time, incident and change management
- Experience of building, managing and maintaining highly available and secure datacenters services and systems
- In-depth knowledge of advanced IT Infrastructure, storage technologies and virtualisation including Linux, Windows, SAN Storage, VMware, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL and Oracle
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to engage and influence both high level staff and external partners
- Proactive team player with an enthusiasm for problem solving, planning and prioritising a complex and varied workload
What you'll get in return
In return you'll be offered a competitive salary with yearly reviews and increments plus benefits alongside flexible core working hours in a supportive and evolving environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"