Role: Systems Integration Tester - contract
Location: central London
Duration: 6 months
Great opportunity for an experienced systems integration tester (SIT) with a proven track record of testing complex applications to complement the existing team, working on a very major and important programme for us. You will be involved in ensuring software quality across a range of internal and external IT applications and websites.
We are a FTSE100 organisation, the UK's leading hospitality company, including brands such as Costa Coffee, Beefeater & Premier Inn.
What you will be doing
- Drive the Microservices automated testing of a product at each stage of the development cycle, with specific focus on Systems Integration Testing (SIT).
- Work closely with the Developer in Test, Product Owner and Developers to understand functional requirements and acceptance criteria to ensure Java step def automation scripts are produced from the BDD test cases.
- Involved in the Development Cycle, understanding the code upon which the application is built on a deep level.
- Supporting the relevant scrum events; planning/user story estimation, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews/ demos & retros to ensure that quality code, based on solid unit testing principles are released into Production on a regular CI cycle.
- Constantly embeds automated testing techniques, particularly to support regression testing within Sprint and for releases.
- Constantly demonstrates that quality and the customer is always the focus.
- Supports the development of Whitbread’s standards / tools / techniques for Automated Testing through collaboration with other Whitbread QA teams.
- Acts as the champion for test driven development and automated testing - provides coaching/support for Developers in Test and Product Developers where required.
- Support an effective and accurate test environment is in place for automation.
- Responsible for pre-integration activities ensuring applications work as expected and issues clearly reported through appropriate channels
- Support the Programme Integration Team once code deployed onto the SIT team
What we are looking for
- Proven automated BDD and TDD commercial experience within Automation frameworks
- Previous commercial experience working on Java Web application development with Automation (Java Selenium, Cucumber & IntelliJ)
- A developer background: recognises what good quality code looks like (and flags refactoring required / peer reviews needed / individual’s development needs etc.)
- Strong Agile testing experience (Scrum/Kanban)
- Solid understanding of a range of programming languages, database concepts.
- Able to interact and understand end user software requirements, knows product knowledge, participates in product or software designing.
- Good experience of Continuous Integration (CI), i.e. Jenkins, Maven, Docker
- Good experience of JIRA/Confluence/Zephyr/GitHub/Slack/Swagger/Postman
- A can-do professional approach to business and a willingness to be held accountable for results.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, particularly working closely with the Product Owner and development team
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'