Parexel Informatics is one of the industry’s leading solution providers and we help customers accelerate the drug development process through innovation. Our product portfolio is built on leading-edge technology and is combined with extensive medical and clinical expertise. As the technology business unit of Parexel International Corporation, we're able to leverage our massive investment in technology with our parent company's wealth of hands-on clinical expertise.
This role is based in our new modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links and has a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company.
As a Systems Engineer, you’ll build and operate our IT estate to enhance the availability, performance, reliability and security of solutions and platforms.
This may require you to work outside of normal business hours providing support to the development and operational support functions.
The role requires evidence of collaborative behaviours that support working in a team with architects, developers, support staff, infrastructure engineers and testers both within the organisation and/or via an external partner.
As a Systems Engineer you will show creative and innovative problem-solving skills with a willingness to take responsibility for issues as they arise. You will understand and set the examples of best practice and standards to develop and implement solutions that operate at scale - seeing your own technology efforts directly improve the reliability and availability of products.Skills & Experience:
- Experience in either hardware, software, networks or telecommunications systems support & operations, in a service-oriented Data Centre environment.
- Experience of Hosted Platforms, Cloud Computing & Client Management is advantageous.
Experience is required in several the following technical areas, with expert knowledge in one.
- Network Operating Systems (Unix, Linux and Windows)
- Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Federated Access and LDAP
- Virtualization (VMware and/or Hyper-V)
- Cloud Technologies (Azure, AWS) - IaaS and PaaS
- SQL Server and/or Oracle (Infrastructure and/or DBA Activities)
- Enterprise Storage (NetApp, EMC)
- Backup and Restore technologies
- Monitoring Services (SolarWinds, Azure Monitoring, App Dynamics, App Insights),
- Web Services & Applications (IIS & Tomcat).
- Citrix / Citrix VDI
- Load Balancing (F5, Cisco)
- Cisco Technologies (Switching, Routing, Firewall, Perimeter Security)
- Familiar with networking topologies, networking hardware and exposure to network standards and network protocols.
- High Availability Technologies (Clustering, Replication etc.)
- Disaster Recovery
- Personal behaviours and attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with team communication and positive stakeholder management
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Ability to manage varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritise workload with attention to detail.
- A collaborative attitude to working with colleagues across cultures and time-zones.
- Takes responsibility and shows Initiative and self-confidence; be adaptable and able to cope with changing and evolving priorities. Be aware of the value and perception of your activities on your peers and wider team.
- Must have the ability to work methodically in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Experience working within ITIL Framework of Service Management.
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
- Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science field, or equivalent or has performed at a Systems Engineer or Cloud Engineer for a minimum of 3 years
- Professional IT Certifications are desirable
- Excellent knowledge of ITIL V3, Foundation certification is desirable
- Fluent in English both written and oral.
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your journey!
- Active Directory
- Cloud Computing
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'