Plastic Energy is at the forefront of converting non-recyclable "End-of-Life" plastics waste into high grade oils for making clean recycled plastics. Our company mission is to play a significant role in solving the global plastic problem, and to be world leaders in chemical recycling.
We promote the concept of a Circular Economy of plastics, and we use a patented Thermal Anaerobic Conversion (TAC) technology to convert end-of-life and valueless plastics into a product known as TACOIL, which chemical/petrochemical companies can transform back into food-grade recycled plastics.
Plastic Energy has established offices in London and Madrid, and regional offices in Singapore and Malaysia. We currently own two chemical recycling plants in Spain operating at commercial scale, new projects underway in Western Europe, and developments defined in South East Asia.
As we build our capacity, and continue to take on staff and acquire new projects, we are focussed upon developing, maintaining and troubleshooting our expanding infrastructure, and initiating greater connection between our Information Technology and Operational Technology systems. We are now at the stage that we wish to bring someone in whose role will be dedicated to supporting our business-critical infrastructure, working closely with our outsourced IT provider and internal control system team, and ensuring the highest levels of performance and security.
We are seeking a high calibre and analytically-minded Systems Engineer, who has a strong interest in the alternative energy sector, to join our UK team of around fifty people. Ordinarily, all or most of this role would be carried out from our office near St Paul’s; however we envisage that the position will be home-based for the remainder of the winter and until we fully re-open our office to all our staff.
The post holder will be joining at an exciting stage in our company’s development, and this will be an interesting and challenging role, within a supportive team environment. The position sits within our Engineering Development department, within the EC&I team, reporting to our Senior Automation Engineer.
We are looking for someone with a numerate degree, and at least two years’ experience working as a software or systems engineer, or software programmer with a background in networking. We are seeking candidates who are confident in setting up and implementing standards and protocols, managing databases and maintaining servers, and this role will provide the opportunity for the post holder to use the knowledge they have acquired to suggest and establish new systems and structures.
This role would suit someone who is flexible in their outlook and motivated to continual learning in their field; and who would enjoy the opportunity of collaborating and sharing ideas, gaining knowledge from colleagues, and evolving with our company.
Role and Responsibilities
- Set up standards and design network architectures for IT and OT environments.
- Implement network monitoring and cybersecurity standards and protocols (e.g. set up firewalls, virtual networks, traffic monitoring, intrusion detection, etc.).
- Implement and manage databases for data analytics and visual dashboard for data.
- Set up and maintain servers.
- Code with programs such as VBA, Python, R.
As this is a new role within our team, duties may vary from those listed above.
- Numerate degree or Information Technology degree/Computer Science degree.
- Experience in IT / OT networking and security / Data analytics / Systems Engineering / Programming.
- Interest in writing apps for data analytics.
- Experience of writing code with programs such as VBA, Python, R.
- At least two years’ experience of working as a software or systems engineer, or software programmer within an IT or OT department.
- Good understanding of networks and network security standards.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Enthusiasm and aptitude to be part of a growing team and business.
- The ability and confidence to progress with several different tasks simultaneously and deliver to schedule.
- An effective communicator with an excellent standard of oral and written English.
- Sense of adventure, drive and a self-motivator.
- Background and/or interest in alternative energy technology.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday per year
- Private healthcare
We are keen to fill this role as soon as possible, and we may review applications as they come in.
Interviews will be held remotely.
No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing equality of opportunity and valuing diversity for all prospective staff.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'