Tunbridge Wells - work from home
up to 38K DOE
Our prestigious and well-established client is now seeking a Systems Engineer to join their IT team. The team is responsible for the operational delivery of their computer systems and electronic communications throughout the company and where appropriate to clients. This includes the installation of software and hardware, the development of new systems to meet business requirements and the support of existing users in all aspects of technology relating to the company.
25 days holiday, annual salary review. Other benefits will be available after a suitable qualifying period: a contributory pension scheme, free private medical care; free permanent health insurance and free life cover.
• Provide professional, efficient and accurate responses to anyone wishing to report a fault, problem, issue or seeking information or advice, face-to-face, over the phone or otherwise online.
• When necessary and with minimal delay, pass full details of faults, problems or issues to other team members within ICT team.
• Participate in and contribute to regular ICT team meetings.
• Execute the day-to-day ICT maintenance and administration of systems to ensure normal operation.
• Installation and maintenance of server software systems, including service pack upgrades and version upgrades.
• Conduct, participate in and contribute to the ICT projects as required.
• Follow procedures and policies of the business and assist with the enhancement of ICT procedures and policies.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of existing and new systems and document that knowledge to ensure the awareness and capability of the ICT team within an ITIL style framework.
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Experience of Office365 - Intune, Teams, Exchange Online, Azure AD. Also general knowledge of Cloud technologies.
• Experience of Microsoft Windows and Office are essential
• Experience of Microsoft Server, Microsoft Active Directory, IIS, Exchange and SQL Server
• Knowledge of VMWare and Citrix
• Knowledge of Telephony systems, preferably Mitel
• Scripting knowledge, preferably C# or Powershell
• An emphasis on Network security is a must
• ITIL knowledge
• Experience of printer, telephone, networking, desktop and server hardware
• Experience of Microsoft ADFS, Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Dynamics CRM would be advantageous.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• The highest levels of client care and awareness.
HOURS OF WORK
Hours vary to cover shift 08:00 to 18:15 with a one hour lunch break Monday to Friday inclusive, but all staff are expected to work such additional hours as are reasonably required for the proper performance of their duties. Additional hours will be required to resolve urgent technical issues and for project work that much be conducted out of normal office hours.
PERSON SPECIFICATION SYSTEMS ENGINEER
• Experience within a professional services environment.
• Accustomed to dealing with clients at all levels in person, on the telephone and online.
• Accustomed to working without close supervision.
• Able to demonstrate confidentiality and integrity.
• A standard of education appropriate for the post, ideally MCSE, MCSA, MCTS, MCITP or VCP qualified.
- Network Security
- Sql Server
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'