Yoh Solution are currently recruiting for an experienced Rotorcraft Systems Engineer to undertake an initial 8 Month Contract in Yeovil.
A Systems Engineer is required to assist with multiple projects within the aerospace engineering function in particular the Apache Program.
Reporting to the ACS Chief Design Engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that assigned systems engineering activities are appropriately lead and coordinated including meeting all technical governance and customer requirements.
The successful candidate will assist with proposal development and the discharge of the Apache project, and will coordinate and work effectively with team members from various functions across multiple customers (internal and external) for current and future programmes. Activities include but are not limited to;
- Supporting system engineering aspects of proposal development.
- Supporting initial capability assessments, interpretation, and understanding of customer requirements.
- Work with other functions to determine complete lifecycle requirements and ensure those functions are engaged and involved in the technical solution estimates and solution implementation.
- Develop and recommend aircraft configurations and product improvements that satisfy customer requirements.
- Manage requirements using the IBM Rational DOORS tool including requirements definition, functional allocation, verification and validation.
- Develop test and acceptance criteria for requirements.
- Develop Statements of Work (SoW) for large complex programs, Engineering Change Proposals, and smaller Engineering Services Tasks.
- Identify risks, issues and opportunities and develop mitigation plans.
- Review and negotiate engineering estimates with the internal IPTs and internal customers.
- Support the discharge of the project(s) and be responsible for technical execution in accordance with SoWs and effectively manage change throughout the project.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan work, and develop/use meaningful metrics to evaluate project status.
Other job responsibilities may include;
- Supporting Business Development (marketing assistance).
- Contracts & Scheduling (proposal support, Contractual deliverables and schedule updates).
- Export Compliance (technical support of Technical Assistance Agreement (TAAs).
- Manufacturing License Agreement (MLAs) and supporting the investigation of aircraft field service issues.
This candidate should possess strong communication skills, technical competency, and skills with project management concepts/tools. Experience of AH-64 Apache electrical and avionics systems is highly desirable; any Experience with the Apache Siting Systems (Radar or Electro optic) or Engine Management system is extremely desirable. The role will have significant Customer and wider interface and therefore a person who is diplomatic whilst being strong minded is required. Some UK and US travel is expected.
Education is required to degree level in an engineering/technical discipline with a Chartered Engineer registration being highly desirable.