Our client is a leader in the development of motorsport/automotive data acquisition and video recording systems are looking to recruit a 1st class System Engineer to works alongside our software development team to design, validate and support their next generation performance data and video recording systems.
Based in their Cambridge office, the role offers the successful candidate the chance to work on a wide variety of challenging electronics projects in the automotive and motorsport sector.
- Design and development of a comprehensive suite of test tools and processes to ensure all delivered software meets its functional and non-functional acceptance criteria & complies with strict automotive standards.
- To work with the development team to define system requirements.
- Perform in-vehicle and bench testing of hardware and software solutions.
- Design and commission test equipment to integrate existing vehicle equipment with their products.
- Automate software test processes where possible.
- Conduct 'hands on' verification and validation programs as required.
- To investigate, replicate and diagnose technical issues reported from the field.
- Specify and run test cases to validate software functionality.
- Develop test scripts to exercise and stress the product in order to detect software defects.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BSc/MSc or BEng/Meng level Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent qualification.
- A good grounding in electronics.
- Experience using test equipment such as digital oscilloscopes, signal generators, multi-meters.
- Good working experience of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Full driving license with entitlement to drive category B vehicles.
- Ability to diagnose system deficiencies and advise on effective solutions
- Ability to look to prove what is actually happening rather than work off assumptions, and enjoy getting under the skin of something, and figuring out the ramifications of complex interactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and team-working skills
- Ability to see things from the perspective of our customers, and spot when new features will cause real problems for our customers
Ideally you will also demonstrate several of the following:
- An understanding of CAN bus communications.
- Familiarity with vehicle on-board diagnostics such as UDS.
- An ability to write clear and concise technical reports.
- Ability to define well-structured software requirements.
- Use of Vector CAN test and analysis tools such as CANoe, CANalyzer etc.
- Experience of Intrepid Control Systems Vehicle Spy software.
- Computer language skills such as C/C++ and/or scripting languages.
- Software verification and validation experience.
- Experience with automating tests, and are drawn to the challenge of automating testing where it makes sense to do so.
- Use of hand tools, soldering and wiring.
- Video processing knowledge.
- Image quality assessment and testing.
- ISEB/ISTQB Certificate in Software Testing.
- Experience of using software defect tracking and reporting systems.
- Automotive Engineering
- Research Development
- Systems Engineering