Systems Engineer - Payload / Telecoms
This role will suit a Systems Engineer with a telecoms background.
This is a great opportunity to transfer your skills to the Space and Satellite industry. Your skills can be a great asset in creating the next new space systems and payloads.
As a Systems Engineer, you will be joining the Advanced Payload team that is responsible for architecting advanced payload for telecommunications satellites. Your responsibilities will cover the end-to-end life cycle, from proposal to R&T/R&D activities and through to the development of products.
Task & accountabilities:
The advanced payload end-to-end system engineer will be responsible for:
- Defining the payload concept of operations and high-level functional and performance requirements for telecoms satellite payloads
- Defining the payload architecture and the technologies required to implement it, demonstrating its feasibility.
The skills and attributes necessary to perform this role are:
- Systems engineering, particularly in the field of telecommunications.
- Innovation and initiative to pursue new ideas, investigate potential technologies/solutions and to drive change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to ensure solutions are communicated clearly to customers, internal engineering functions and suppliers.
- Capability to make quick decisions based on feasibility estimates, appreciating the accuracy of such estimates and the corresponding risk.
Knowledge in the following areas is also desirable, but could be developed / trained within the role:
- Satellite systems
- RF systems and antennas
- Digital signal processing (DSP)
- Communications standards (e.g. DVB and 5G)
- Packet switching
- Embedded systems and software.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you
The successful candidate will be subject to a BPSS check (including a criminal record check) in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company
We are 5 mins walk away from Stevenage train station (step free and lift access), easily accessible by road and bus, car parking on site, cycle racks. Close to many amenities including:
- High-street shops and supermarkets
- Restaurants and eateries
- Gyms, Swimming pool and Parks
- Cinema, bowling and Recreational facilities
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
2855 AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Permanent Contract / CDI / Unbefristet / Contrato indefinido
Professional / Expérimenté(e) / Professionell / Profesional
Sub-system development <JF-EN-EQ>
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'