Systems Engineer -Linux, Networking, Cloud, Windows
Yellowdog started with a belief that there was already enough computing power in the world but an imbalance between supply and demand. Limitless Compute was born (well eventually!), harnessing underutilised computing power and enabling organisations to leverage this on demand.
Three years, 16 more staff, 4 awards and 1000 customers later the company has gone from strength to strength and are moving on to the next stage.
YellowDog people are fun loving, reliable, genuine and adventurous. As we build YellowDog we are creating an environment we want to work in. We are looking for new members of the team who can bring a range of new skills, experiences and backgrounds to this exciting challenge and become part of something that we believe will revolutionise the way computing power is used across multiple industries.
We’re based in Engine Shed in Bristol which puts us at the heart of one of the leading tech clusters in the UK and in one of the best cities to live in the country.
We need a Systems Engineer to work in our operations department, planning, deploying, monitoring and managing our complex distributed infrastructure as well as working with customers on integration with our platform while dealing with any issues that arise. You will:
- Ensure Infrastructure is planned, deployed and managed effectively and efficiently
- Ensure all customer issues are managed from first contact to resolution or handoff
- Build resilient infrastructure on premise and in the cloud Configure private network and VPN deployments
- Benchmark system performance
- Resolve issues with customer jobs
- Build & deploy operating system images
- Administer operating systems (Linux and Windows)
- Patch and update software and operating systems
- Document solutions and changes
- Handle telephone, email and helpdesk enquiries
- Ensure helpdesk systems, logs and records are kept up to date
- Escalate issues and alert managers as appropriate
You will have a broad mixture of skills including Networking and Server Administration. Ideally this will be a mixture of Linux and Windows but as a minimum you will have Linux administration experience. You will also have experience of some of the following:
- Solid understanding of TCP networks including firewalls and VPN’s
- Experience of managing server infrastructure with a cloud service provider
- Familiar with resource management monitoring
- Basic understanding of PowerShell scripting
- Customer support and troubleshooting
- Understanding of the principles of configuration and version management
Yolk Recruitment is working in partnership with YellowDog on a retained basis for the recruitment of a number of key roles including this. If you wish to apply to this role please contact Matthew Sykes at Yolk Recruitment or simply apply to this advertisement via the methods outlined. Please note that YellowDog will not be accepting direct applications, and will direct you back to Yolk. For an initial informal discussion then please contact Matthew on the phone number provided.