SYSTEMS ENGINEER - (MSCCM)
CENTRAL LEEDS - £45K-£50K + Benefits
My client one of the most respected names in Professional Services in the area is looking to add numbers to it's end user computing team due to current and future growth demands. This is an end user role and does not involve travel, so if you currently work for a reseller/consultancy, this may be the perfect role to improve your work/life balance.
This position is to develop and maintain the very highest quality of endpoint computing services. The team will consolidate the management of desktops, laptops, mobile phones with an aim to provide a cohesive single service that meets the requirements of our customers.
The main objectives of the role are:
- To support, deliver, maintain and manage all business facing Endpoint devices including desktops, laptops, tablets, 2 in 1 device and virtual desktops.
- To own the service, to take responsibility for its future development, to continually review and refine the
- Assist with the delivery of new infrastructure and services as part of project related work in accordance with project management standards and processes.
- Based on user feedback, provide recommendations for technical answers, user training or system configurations deliver service
- You may be tasked with a varied project workload and have input into future designs and
- Acting as an escalation point for our Global Service Centre team you will assist in the diagnosis and resolution of complex incidents and problems. Should detailed knowledge of the environment be required to resolve you will take ownership of problems.
Ideally you will have technical qualifications with a minimum of 3 years experience with:
- Microsoft Systems Centre Configuration Manager Current Branch
- Operating System Deployment (OSD / MDT)
- Endpoint Updating and Patching
- Software Deployment (Physical & Virtual)
- Power Management
- Asset Intelligence
- Client Health and Monitoring
- In Console Updates
- HP Desktops, Laptops, 2 in 1 devices
- Microsoft Active Directory & Group Policy
- Microsoft APP-V
- Windows Desktops, Windows 7 / Windows
In addition, previous experience and knowledge of any of the following would be advantageous.
- Citrix XenApp
- Citrix Provisioning Services
As well as the above specialities the ideal candidate will have familiarity with:
- ITIL processes
- Production of Operational Documentation
The following characteristics are essential
- Must have a pro-active approach
- Must have methodical troubleshooting method
- Initiative and ability to work under time constraints
- Ability to simultaneously undertake activities on numerous projects
- Organised and self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to deal with different cultures and habits
- Strong team player, can work as part of a global team
At a personal level you should be confident to discuss and debate issues and solutions with colleagues. An ability to see the wider IT service picture is critical to ensuring your workload is prioritised effectively.
- "microsoft systems centre configuration manager"