Duncan Lewis Solicitors was established in 1998 is one of the country's fastest growing firms of solicitors, servicing both corporate entities and private individuals. This growth has derived from a simple mission to provide a reliable, accurate and practicable legal service.
Duncan Lewis is LEXCEL accredited and proud to have achieved Gold Investors in People Status since 2009, being the first Law Firm to achieve this, and only one of three Law Firms in England and Wales to have achieved GOLD status.
We are now looking for a Systems Engineer to join our IT team in our Harrow branch. The ideal candidate will be an experienced systems Engineer with the ability to think outside the box. The successful candidate will be a part of a strong IT team which provides IT support to 700+ users across many branches in London along with administration of all Windows Systems and Servers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently, delivering the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability;
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes;
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting UNIX/Linux and Windows based environments including Microsoft Windows 2003/2008/2012 Servers, Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010, Microsoft Windows 2012 Remote Desktop Services;
- Install, Configure and maintain Hyper V and VMWare including HA scenarios;
- Configuration of monitoring and backup tools;
- Different levels of Raid configurations;
- At least 4+ years’ experience in Microsoft Exchange Server Administration with ability to plan and configure DAG and HA;
- Ability to handle DR scenarios individually as and when needed;
- Experience in installing and configuring DFS and site to site replication;
- Hands on experience with NAS and SAN;
- Knowledge and experience in configuring and maintaining Cisco routers;
- Assist with analysing business processes in respect to existing hardware, software and network systems;
- Undertakes feasibility studies and presents proposals to IT Director;
- Provides advice and assistance in the procurement, provision, delivery, installation, maintenance and use of IT systems;
- Researches, analyse, evaluate and monitor network infrastructure and performance;
- Works closely with IT team to implement new systems
Skills, Qualifications and experience needed
In addition to the above technical skills, you should possess:
- Exceptional teamwork skills and a real team player. Keen to always work with, learn from, train and support other members of the team
- ability to think creatively, to seek and accept change and continuous improvement and a willingness to work to quality standards and procedures
- High level of drive, enthusiasm and focus on the achievement of goals
- excellent inter-personal skills, particularly in communication, teamwork, problem-solving and customer relationship management
- Ability to develop relationship within a multifunctional and multicultural team.
- Possess logical and analytical approach to fault finding.
Duncan Lewis is committed to Equal Opportunities and embraces diversity of its staff. The Company strives to ensure that our staff reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, which is reflective at all levels within our workforce.
We guarantee an interview for candidates that disclose a disability and meet the essential requirements for the post. Please provide additional details in your covering letter if this applies.
Recruiters: Unsolicited applications submitted by recruitment agents will not be considered.
Right to work check will be required prior to employment commencing.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'