Job Title: Project/Systems Engineer
Location: Stroud, Gloucestershire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer with experience of gate automation, installation and commissioning. This is a superb opportunity to join one of the UK's growing independent organisations, providing premium European brands for perimeter protection systems across the UK and Ireland.
The candidate will hold a good technical understanding of electromechanical systems, possess a polite telephone manner, and have excellent communication and organisational skills. It will also be important to have the ability to work independently as well as being a positive team member.
Reporting to Managing Director, the post holder will be responsible for providing technical support to customers, to partners and to colleagues across the Company team. Within this customer facing role you will provide onsite commissioning support and technical solutions to overcome any issues identified in a timely-manner.
- Provide site surveys and technical support to partners/customers and to meet with end users when required
- Project design and manage installation and commissioning of gates and barrier access control systems and to deliver said activities as required
- Provide aftersales technical support to partners/customers, including providing breakdown support, testing and fault finding on all products within the company portfolio
- Carrying out service and maintenance of demonstration products and systems and at customer premises throughout the UK
- Write Risk Assessment and Method statements for customers
- Deliver onsite demonstrations and oversee customer visits to the showroom
- Responsible for identifying the customer and company product training requirements and for the provision of product training for the Company's product portfolio
- Work with colleagues to provide quotations, value propositions and technical solutions to partners/customers
- Maintain regular communication with client base through face to face meetings, phone calls and email to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Complete all documentation relating to site visits in a timely and satisfactory manner, including field service reports, project reports and expenses reports.
- Responsible for receipt of incoming goods, including the operation of the forklift truck, and for day-to-day management of company stock and warehouse
- Supporting Company and business partner's promotional activities such as exhibitions, seminars and networking events
- Communicating across the organization in an effective and timely manner and through the most appropriate channels
- To effectively report and record activities utilizing best practices and tools, robust marketing and Customer Relationship Management
- To respect and motivate the key personnel charged with supporting activities with business partners at all times
- To provide cover for other regions outside of the designated region when required
- To act in a professional manner and with integrity at all times
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be required
- Electro-mechanical qualification
- Ability to install and commission gate, barrier and access control systems
- Ability to demonstrate competent use and understanding of test equipment
- Clear understanding of safe working practices on site with relevance to electrical equipment
- Experienced in on-site problem solving and working practices
- Customer focused with good interpersonal skills both written and oral
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft office skills
- Problem-solving skills and experience of preparing site reports
- Commitment to completing jobs within prescribed timescales to achieve a first-time fix
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexible with your working hours, with some evening and some weekend work required including overnight stays and some overseas travel
- Valid full Driving license
- Experience of writing Risk Assessment and Method Statements
- Experienced in using Customer Relationship Management systems
- Multi-lingual - specifically German speaking
- Experience of AUTOCAD
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Company Van & Tools
- 20 Days Holiday
- Laptop and Mobile Phone
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Candidates with experience of: Installation Engineer, Electro Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Service Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Repair Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Mobile Engineer, Electrical Field Service Engineer, Installation Technician, Gates Engineer, Barriers Engineer, Multi-skilled Engineer, Installation Engineer, Repair Engineer, Electrical Installation Engineer may also be considered for this role.
- Electrical Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
- Field Service Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Service Engineer
- Mobile Engineer
- Repair Technician
- Installation Engineer
- Electrical Field Service Engineer
- Electro Engineer