Systems Engineers -BAU
Reports to: IT Operations Manaager
Location: London (Green Park)
£50,000 - £55,000 + Excellent Benefits Package
The IT & Telecoms team support in excess of 1,000 computers and 2,000 users across 25 prestige sites, 7 days a week. The IT Operations team design, implement and manage all the IT services on the internal network. The network is used by significant stakeholders and VIP Level people as well as everyday users. In addition the IT Operations team design, implement and maintain a number of other networks including private networks.
About the role:
The Systems Engineer reports to the IT Operations Manager and is the most senior technical point of escalation responsible for supporting the enterprise server infrastructure and responding to/ resolving tickets.
The focus for the post holder is on troubleshooting technology problems related to Windows Servers, VMware, Exchange, Storage Area Networks, MDM and Remote Access Services. The post holder will work closely with the rest of the IT Operations team, and other IT staff, to ensure the highest degree of functionality and reliability to all enterprise servers.
The role demands continued development of the IT systems to provide all computer users with the necessary access, independent of location.
The standard working pattern is Monday to Friday. However, given the nature of the post and the necessity for out of hour's maintenance, the post holder will be expected to work evenings and weekends as required and take part in the weekend on call rota. The post holder may also receive and be prepared to respond whenever practical to calls at any time outside of the standard arrangements.
The position is primarily based at Green Park, London however the post holder is responsible for the IT infrastructure at all residences within the prestige locations and is expected to travel when required.
The Systems Engineer will:
- Continually evaluate, review and advise on current technologies in all areas of IT and infrastructure
- Contribute towards the design and implementation of the IT strategy, and help maintain the security controls as set out by the strategy and the Information Assurance Working Group (IAWG)
- Achieve and exceed the IT Operations KPI's by monitoring and maintaining current IT systems and networks; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends and determining system improvements
- Create, document, review and improve Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all aspects of IT Operations and IT Security and Controls, ensuring compliance with Data Protection and Information Security Policies and the relevant regulatory requirements
- Respond to incidents and alerts, ensuring BAU continues without interruption and impact to service.
- Participate in the planning of projects and service transitions of new systems.
- Provide new and updated documentation and knowledge articles to maintain knowledge sharing and training for less experienced members of the team.
- Educated to degree level with substantial experience in IT Infrastructure Support or IT Service Support.
- Specialist experience in one or more of the following technologies:
- Service management (e.g. service management tools, incident, problem and change management).
- End user computing (e.g. Windows 10, Office 2016, Bitlocker, Skype for Business, SCCM/Altiris)
- Infrastructure (e.g. Windsor server 2008-2016, Active directory AD/DNS/DHCP, Microsoft exchange 2007-O365, VMWare, Backup and Recovery, SAN Management, Email Security, Web Filtering, Systems Monitoring, SQL Server, Mobile device management).
- Holding certification in Microsoft MCSA or MCITP, Citrix CCA-V, Cisco CCNA, PRINCE2 Practitioner orITIL v3 Foundation would be a definite advantage.
- Experience of security standards, best practices and principles.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, with the ability to rapidly resolve system failures and maintain an operational infrastructure through planned maintenance work.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively to build effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, initiative and the ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver results.
- Takes a rigorous approach to standards of internal customer service and continuous improvement.
- Proactive in maintaining up-to-date industry knowledge
- Possess good judgement and decision making capability with the ability to remain level-headed under pressure.
- Windows Azure
- Windows Server
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'