Systems Developer / Analyst - Engineering - Dundee
We are in the market for an experienced Systems Developer / Analyst to join a company that operate within the Oil & Gas industry and who require an additional member to their team in Dundee.
You will utilise your expertise and experience in systems design and have a solid understanding of applications development, database development, application and system testing, and integration methodologies.
As Systems Developer / Analyst you will support your internal customers from concept right through to implementation and training and therefore a good understanding of individual production processes (production, bill of materials, purchase orders, sales orders) will act as a good foundation to your success in this role. This is an ideal opportunity for an exceptional individual willing to take on fresh challenges, utilise their leadership and operational knowledge and experience within a variety of exciting initiatives and company objectives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design, Development and testing of enterprise applications extensions and interfaces.
• Gaining an insight, by means of continuous questioning, into the present procedures and preparing recommendations for changes that may have better effectiveness and quality
• Work with fellow Specialists to provide on-time and complete features, documentation and peer training.
• Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle including technical analysis, design, development, testing, documentation and deployment.
• Interact with internal customers and provide guidance with but not limited to Service, Repair and Projects in RS Aftermarket
• Describing, specialising, enforcing, and testing application elements to help the utilisation of the new systems
• Bringing out task plans for all system improvements. Functioning effectively in a work situation that is unusual
• Managing projects, reports and other display matters.
• Studying and distributing help documents related to customisations, designs, and reports.
• Identify and complex matters and decide the correct curative action
• Taking part in the development of long reach strategies and aims
• Enforcing architectural procedures for projects
• Noting down the requirements and operative patterns for small to big reports and projects
• Encountering end users to study methods, realise needs, and recommending technical answers
• Creating and making architecture and technical documents up to date for follow up and approval
• Meeting needs by collecting applications and working on system / application tools to modify. Troubleshooting technical matters and following other team members' work.
• Ensure that all applications are in compliance with the business's architectural standards
• Standardise aftermarket processes and documentation globally, so that the customer sees the NOV providing the same level of service worldwide, and cannot say they get a better service in one location against another within the company.
• Prepare and provide guidance on minimum inspection criteria for product designs which provide determination and certification of product compliance to domestic and international standards.
• Take regional legislation into account for global procedures.
• This position is responsible for document control of documentation created.
• Ensure a high standard of professionalism is maintained and that customer care is foremost
• Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the work area and department
• Be fully familiar and conversant with department and company policies, procedures and processes, ensuring all work and actions undertaken are in full compliance at all times
• Travel when required as dictated by business need
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Able to understand, evaluate and apply technical information
• Anticipates the impact of change and rises to the challenge, with the ability to accept risk and uncertainty
• Has solutions and suggestions that are effective in addressing the problem at hand
• Able to understand the business needs and drivers
• Adept at exercising good judgement (sometimes with incomplete information) whilst being constrained by tight deadlines
• Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks
• Be quick to identify critical information and respond appropriately
• Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks
• Able to define, work within and improve business processes based on immediate and future business needs
• Will be energised by challenges and drawn towards opportunities
Personal and Interpersonal
• Strategically plans ways to demonstrate superior customer service for country stakeholders
• Instinctively discerns what drives his or her audience and deftly ignites and steers their sense of purpose to a common goal
• A candid team player who collaborates with peers to solve problems
• Firm and diplomatic when negotiating
- Data Analysis
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Access
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job