Just After Midnight provide website and hosting support and consultancy to well-known businesses around the world. We are looking for a Systems Administrator to join our Just After Midnight team to support our internal Level 1 teams, and also work directly with clients to set up and maintain their hosting environments and web applications. Day to day includes responding to monitoring alerts and ensuring SLAs are met, executing planned operations and preventive maintenance activities and working closely with the client to keep the systems up and running 24/7.
Overview of the role
- Working on a range of small to enterprise level builds.
- Promptly and adequately respond to client and team requests.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of new and existing IT infrastructures, including automation when it makes sense.
- Participate in all aspects of the project’s implementation including deployments, monitoring, alerts, escalation process.
- Proactively identifying, communicating and addressing technical risks throughout the delivery process.
- Part of 24x7 on-call duties.
Skills & Requirements
It is preferable that you have experience of:
- Windows Server Operating Systems (2008/2012/2016) to intermediate level.
- Modern monitoring and logging solutions, such as Monitis, Sumo Logic, Apps Dynamic etc.
- Experience in cloud services, Managing and working with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with MSSQL databases and web servers configurations, performance optimization, high availability, load balancing and scalability.
- Good experience in database and web servers maintenance including backup/restore and troubleshooting.
- Ability to setup and manage infrastructure applications (software patching and server management software, etc.)
- Considerable knowledge and experience in implementing, providing ongoing support and maintenance for server storage environments.
- Comfortable working on Web applications like IIS and Apache.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Linux Operating System (Centos, Ubuntu and Debain) to beginner/intermediate level.
- Experience with Powershell
- At least one Configuration Management tool such as Bamboo.
- Automation techniques using Powershell, Jenkins, Ansible and other tooling.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related degree will be considered an advantage.
- Any IT certifications will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent fluency in English (both written and spoken).
- Web Servers
- Windows Azure
- Server Management