My client is based in Theale and we are recruiting for a role which involves supporting ~60 desktops, servers and other network peripherals spread between threeGroup companies within the same building.
Day-to-day duties include:
- Manage the networks, server infrastructure and key systems.
- Perform regular tasks such as backup, operating system patches & DR testing.
- Installation and configuration of new hardware and software.
- Follow IT process for new starters and leavers.
- Adds/moves/changes for users, resetting passwords etc.
- Assisting staff in problem resolution (h/w, s/w and remote access)
- Documenting the configuration of the system/network.
- Routine audits of systems and software & license management.
- System performance tuning & log analysis to identify potential issues.
- Specifying hardware/software and obtaining competitive quotes from suppliers.
Whilst the role necessarily involves some low-level activities, the successful candidate will minimise repetitive tasks by automation and process improvements where possible.
The role is largely independent and whilst regular discussions with Technical Director are to be expected, the successful candidate should be able to self-manage and self-motivate. Multi-tasking, time management, the ability to document/plan future work and communicate complex topics to non-technical staff are essential skills for this role.QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
A successful individual will need to have the following technical skills and experiences and/or characteristics:
- 3+ year’s relevant experience.
- 3+ years’ experience with VMware vCenter, install/setup not just VM maintenance.
- 2+ years’ experience with GSuite Business, ideally including a legacy migration.
- 2+ years’ experience with AWS, commercial/hybrid deployment.
- Linux experience (Debian)
- Experience of Information Security Management Systems (ISMS)
- Microsoft certified, particularly in terms of Active Directory, Group Policy & SQL Server.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, VLANs, VoIP, DNS, email transports and associated concepts.
- Broad experience of Terminal Services, Remote Desktop, IPSec/SSL VPN, OTP solutions.
- Must be a skilled problem solver - creative, analytical and persistent.
- Able to communicating at all levels with other members of staff. Must be able to listen and converse in a polite and courteous fashion. Ability to explain complex technical information in a simple and understandable manner.
- Ability to create scripts and process automation tasks.
- Skilled at creating high-quality documentation & management information, including network diagrams, cable plans etc.
- Strong organizational skills, superior attention to detail and quality awareness, and professional demeanour.
- Multi-tasking and time management skills, strength at setting priorities and able to self-manage and self-motivate.
- Positive attitude, flexible and willing to take on new responsibilities as the business grows.
For more information on the role please forward your CV via the link and Phil from Adept will give you a call to discuss the position and company in more detail.
- Performance Tuning
- Network Diagrams