Systems Administrator - West Drayton & REMOTE
Job; Systems Administrator - West Drayton & REMOTE
As a trusted technology partner, this company’s team designs and delivers innovative technology solutions to businesses of all sizes. They are an innovative, dynamic, and trusted technology partner to a diverse range of brand names. With over 10 years’ experience, their creative solutions, out of the box thinking and intense customer focus is what helps them to stand out in the crowd. Beautiful designs and user-friendly solutions are what their clients expect and what they deliver.
They are developing a SaaS DAM platform and client product suite to drive the next stage in growth of their business. This exciting initiative utilises the latest in front end and server-side technology to enable them to develop and deploy new client DAM applications rapidly across web and mobile. The platform has recently been released and they’re now starting to develop new client systems using this stack.
They are seeking a Systems Administrator to work on their end client systems, based on their new cloud Digital Asset Management (DAM) platform and associated B2B applications.
- Efficient maintenance, management and monitoring of all legacy sites in a LAMP technologies hosting environment.
- Understanding of Linux packages and automation tools to deploy patches.
- Leading design, improvement, and implementation of infrastructure platforms, including management of creation, release, and configuration of production systems.
- Deployment, automation, management, and maintenance of AWS cloud-based production systems.
- Ensuring availability, performance, security, and scalability of AWS production systems.
- System troubleshooting and problem resolution across various application domains and platforms.
- To support the web development team in their server systems setup and configuration requirements. Act as a technical escalation point for major incidents.
- Documenting all procedures where necessary providing efficient guidelines for other staff members and freelancers.
- Evaluation of new technology alternatives and vendor products.
- Provision of critical system security by leveraging best practices and prolific cloud security solutions.
- Definition and deployment of systems for metrics, logging, and monitoring on AWS platform.
- Designing, management and maintenance of tools for automation of different operational processes.
- Providing operational support across various systems and customer environments, including data centre, connectivity, server setup, monitoring, firewall and associated
- Provide out-of-hours support for key systems with 24/7 cover
Useful Skills and Experience (no, you won’t need all of these):
- Strong knowledge of CentOS/RHEL Linux Distributions (or similar)
- Knowledge of storage systems including LVM.
- Knowledge of Virtualisation including XEN/KVM
- Web Hosting services (BIND, Apache, Postfix/Sendmail, Axigen mail)
- Scripting Languages: Bash, Perl, PHP, SQL.
- Database scaling and clustering
- Comfortable with compiling open source software, kernel and packaging
- RPM packages.
- IMAP, MySQL, Oracle XE, Webalizer, CPanel
- Systems / Network Services
- Firewall administration knowledge, including Juniper, IPTables, MRTG.
- Network Administration and Analysing, Network Sniffers (Wireshark)
- System Management (Spacewalk, RHN Satellite)
- Backup Systems (rsnapshot/rsync)
- Source control management tools such as, GitHub, Git, Bitbucket, GitLab, Subversion, Mercurial etc.
- Continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis CI, CruiseControl etc.
- Deployment tools such as, Otto, JuJu, CodeDeploy etc.
- System Monitoring (Nagios, SNMP, MRTG, New relic, Kibana, Elasticsearch, Dynatrace etc).
- Repository management tools such as, Nexus, Npm, Docker Hub, Artifactory etc.
- Provisioning tools such as, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, terraform, vagrant etc.
- AWS management, especially configuring VPCs, and using IAM
- Working with Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker, Docker compose and Docker swarm
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins/Circle CI
- £’s; fully DoE up to £55k,
- Benefits; employee profit share scheme, flexible working hours and work-from-home policy (where practical), bank holidays + 5 weeks paid holiday per annum, sick pay, pension scheme,
- Location; West Drayton, Hillingdon, Middlesex,
- How to get to them; West Drayton offices 5 mins walk to/from West Drayton station (which is connected to London Paddington - 21 mins),
- Interested? Please send your (Word) CV,
- Not for you but you know someone suitable? - Profile 29 can pay a referral fee,
- Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'