Linux Systems Administrator- in-depth Linux, LAMP, Comms, LAN, WAN, scripting
We're looking for a Linux Systems Administrator to join one of the UK’s leading cleantech companies, focused on delivering innovative software solutions within the heating and renewable energy sector. As a result of sustained growth and successfully winning some large innovation projects there is increasing demand for systems administration to support the Corporate and Production IT infrastructures.
The company operates a SaaS platform with various test and trial instances that need maintenance. The Linux Systems Administrator will support the specification, installation, testing and fault resolution within established procedures, and develop of new procedures where required.
Linux Systems Administrator - the role:
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems
- Engineering of corporate and production system solutions for various project and operational needs
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and requirements
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures, maintain system standards
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request
- Provide support to internal users, investigating and troubleshooting issues
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports infrastructure applications inline with project or operational needs
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
- Test and rollout upgrades and patches to corporate, test and production environments
Experience required across much of:
- Five+ years’ experience administering Linux systems
- Strong knowledge and experience with enterprise Linux distributions from Red Hat or equivalent
- A strong understanding of network setup, layers, routing, configuration and facilities (DNS, DHCP, NTP, iptables etc)
- Knowledge of Linux security such as SELinux, LDAP, NSS, PAM etc.
- Sound scripting and language skills such as bash, Python, Perl etc.
- Ability to perform Operating System upgrades
- Ability to implement change in accordance with change procedures
- Configuration and maintenance of common Linux applications such as Apache, MySQL, PostgreSQL, NFS, DHCP, BIND, SSH, and SNMP
- Knowledge of set up and administration of AWS EC2 instances
- Experience with provisioning Linux servers, IP Networking, and software deployments
- Experience providing Desktop support for Microsoft Windows and MAC OSX based Desktop Operating Systems to staff at all levels of an organization (note, though we outsource end user desktop support to a 3rd party)
- Good understanding of TCP/IP routing and Local Area Networks.
- Good knowledge of anti-virus and firewall products, principles of computer security and encryption technologies with experience in identifying, removing, and protecting against spyware/virus infection.
- Knowledge and previous experience with virtualisation technologies such as KVM, QEMU, virsh etc
- A motivated self-starter with a "start-up style" delivery ethos.Linux
Linux Systems Administrator / Linux Sys Admin, Newbury, Berkshire. To £45k + benefits
- Server Admin
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'