Do you have:
WILLINGNESS TO LEARN?
ABILITY TO TAKE FEEDBACK?
PROPENSITY TO TAKE ACTION?
We call this #EEWAP, and if you are full of #EEWAP then an apprenticeship with Tech City Stars could be PERFECT for you!
WHAT DOES THIS JOB INVOLVE?
The role will act as the first port of call for technical support and as the role develops you will be expected to grow your skills to cope with the varied demand within the business.
An enthusiasm for learning and growing in the role is essential.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Upgrading and configuring system software.
- Maintaining operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Maintaining data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Answering, screening, and transferring inbound telephone calls, take and pass on relevant messages and present an excellent image of the company in doing so.
- Resolving administrative problems and enquiries and give written and oral responses to routine enquiries received from external parties.
- Administrating company software including Slack and Email Apps.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BE GOOD AT?
Our client would be particularly interested in candidates with;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in problem solving, organisation and planning
- IT Literate; proficient with Microsoft office applications proficiency, especially Word & Excel
- Minimum GCSE Grade of C in Maths and English
- Keen and willing to learn
- Team player
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to follow instructions
All you need is EEWAP - Energy, Enthusiasm, Willingness to Learn, Ability to Take Feedback and Propensity to Take Action.
You’ll also need to pass a face to face screening interview with our Employer Partnerships team (don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch) and sit initial assessments in Maths and English.
Desired Skills for this Role
- Proficiency in managing Mac, Windows or Linux Systems.
- Knowledge of: Firewalls, Wifi, Security, Data backup & recovery.
- Awareness of software including DropBox, Slack and Google Apps.
- Reporting on system statuses and outages.
- An appreciation of startups.
- Ability to plan, create and deploy scripts to automate problematic issues in the business.
- Experience provisioning and deploying environments for developers (Dev Ops).
- Experience working in an office/business environment.
- Someone who has a passion or at least an interest in the industry.
- A Levels / AS Levels.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
There’s tons of information on Tech City Stars, our qualifications and our process for helping young people to kickstart their careers on our website - www.techcitystars.co
ABOUT TECH CITY STARS
Tech City Stars helps talented young people to start their careers through exciting apprenticeships with a focus on digital skills. Apprentices are able to choose from one of our three advanced apprenticeship pathways - Digital Marketing, IT Support & Networks and Web & Software Development. Once you’ve applied, we’ll work with you to understand which pathway is the best fit for your skills, personality and interests and then we’ll introduce you to employers looking for apprentices in that pathway.
Every week, Tech City Stars puts on an awesome event where employers come to meet a group of young people who are full of #EEWAP and who are looking for apprenticeships. The event lasts a full day, and every candidate gets the opportunity to meet and impress a group of awesome businesspeople who are looking to hire apprentices. After the event, employers invite successful candidates to work trials in their offices, and if that goes well - hey presto - YOU’RE AN APPRENTICE!
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- System Administration
- Technical Support