Exciting Opportunity for a Systems Accountant for a well know business in Newcastle £50,000 - £55,000
Your new company
The Finance team has to help the business grow and achieve its goals. We partner across the business with new initiatives, from sales to technology, in order to support growth in all areas. Our role is to take into account every aspect of the company combined, to make sure we're financially sound and heading in the right direction. With the rate at which our business is growing, life in the finance department is never dull. Every day is different and provides a different challenge, whether that's forecasting, reporting or learning - there's a lot of room to prove yourself and to progress.
The finance team are leading the implementation of a new ERP system. This role will be leading the maintenance and upkeep of this system, its development and any links to other systems that Finance currently use to ensure integrity of data and quality of information. The Systems Accountant will be reporting into the Financial Controller and working alongside both the Technology and the project teams.
Your new role
Maintain and Improve ERP System
- Maintaining dimensions (G/L, cost centres, etc) post go-live ensuring that every entity is using the ledger in a consistent way and that continues to support a high growth business with constantly evolving requirements.
- Assist in supporting functional launches and upgrades.
- Managing the Change Control Process from a business perspective, in identifying changes to the solution, documenting requirements and business cases, whilst adhering to the Change Control Process.
- Setting up new users post go-live and ensuring they receive the correct training to do their job effectively and efficiently
- Have a say in future strategic developments of finance system and matching those to the changing business requirements
- Be the owner of the Best Practice Group, working across all finance teams and with the project team.
- Understand business needs and market trends, through business interactions and relationships with the partner(s) and Microsoft
- Manage feature iteration throughout the solution lifecycle.
- Become the subject matter and product expert for Finance.
Financial Processes and Controls
- Ensure all processes are kept up to date and continues to meet local and fiscal requirements. These need to be documented and championed across the business.
- Work closely with project team and finance teams to ensure all compliance and controls are adhered to.
- Document issues with resolutions and share with team members to improve team productivity.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified accountant
- Experience of using ERP Systems
- Flexible, able to deal with changing business priorities
- Excellent communicator and influencer that can quickly build quality relationships
- 1st rate attention to detail
- Ability to commit and perform to a high level
- Motivated and pro-active individual
- Excellent organisational and multitasking skills
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job