System Security Administrator
Due to expansion an exciting opportunity for a System Security Administrator has arisen to work for a successful IoT solutions organisation. Through development of long term partnerships this innovative company achieves significant and powerful outcomes. They are proud to be working with the world’s leading organisations to continually make life better for their customers and colleagues.
The company is very modern, they strike a great balance between work and fun, equally they are a forward thinking organisation that invest heavily in people and value their employees.
- 4% Pension contribution from the company
- 22 days annual leave + Bank Holidays (increases by 1 day per year up to 25 days)
- Broadband - £22.00 per month is paid towards home broadband costs to accommodate home working and out of hours working
- Simply Health Scheme (contribution towards medical costs, optical costs etc)
- A laptop and phone provided
The main purpose of the role is:-
- To be responsible for supporting the technical infrastructure with a focus on security specific tasks. The role requires the ability to apply security policies to systems and devices.
- The System Security Administrator will operate across cloud and physical environments.
- The primary focus for the role will be to continuously monitor and manage the security of our client’s systems and services.
- Assist with infrastructure maintenance, strong troubleshooting capabilities and maintaining up to date documentation.
Skills and experience Required
Scientific technology degree preferably in Computer Science or networks.
Implemented IT security services and responded to security events.
Worked in an ISO27001 compliant environment.
Computer Science and or Telecommunication knowledge & strong knowledge in the following areas.
- Linux Servers
- Vulnerability Management
- Security in cloud, physical and virtual environments.
- Linux networking knowledge.
- General networking experience with
- Physical and Virtual switches
- VLANs, HTTP, SMTP and Firewall knowledge
- 3+ year's experience working with and implementing security systems and services.
- Strong logical and mathematical mind set.
- Good team worker, able to complete tasks autonomously
- Strong communication skills
Day to day responsibilities
The role will be required to manage security on Physical, Virtual, Containerised and IoT environments and include the following key responsibilities.
- Vulnerability Management and Monitoring
- Threat Management and Monitoring
- Patch Management
- End-user Desktop, Server, Laptop and mobile device security management.
- SIEM Service and Event Management
- Applying ISO27001 security policies against technology systems.
- Collaborate with the business to create and maintain security policies.
- Write and improve automation scripts, processes and software tools
- Hardware Lifecycle management, maintenance and provisioning.
- Software maintenance management. This includes update management, installation management
SIEM Service Management
To manage and configure security platforms including:
- Security Incident Event Management
- Services that provide security data to the SIEM platform.
Service and System Monitoring
Review and manage system monitoring processes and alerts. To ensure alerts are appropriate and trusted by other team members.
Recommending and implementing changes to improve system and service monitoring.
Assist in delivering project delivery requirements.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job