Provision of technical support for various railway communications systems on London Underground and National Rail/Train Operating Company sites.
* Undertake Corrective Maintenance investigations of complex or repetitive failure modes to determine root cause and correct interworkingl interfacing problems with interconnected systems.
* Identify, design and implement minor system modifications, including the production of System Service Plans, technical instructions and drawings.
* Commission modifications, rearrangements or other alterations to in service equipment.
* Liase with customers, designers and suppliers on technical and performance issues and the implementation of new works and modifications.
* Monitor and analyse system condition and performance.
* Identify design weaknesses and develop appropriate mitigating action.
* Develop effective planned and corrective maintenance regimes, procedures and documentation
* Producing performance and technical reports and proposals
* Develop, provide and support the provision of training for maintenance personnel, customer representatives and other interested parties
* Provide technical advice to maintenance personnel, customer representatives and other Company personnel
* Identify appropriate test equipment and diagnostic tools
* Identify any safety hazards that arise from maintenance activities
* Assess competencies of other personnel
* Provide advice to Company commercial personnel in the tendering process for new opportunities
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
* HNC, Degree or Equivalent
* Able to undellake corrective and preventative tasks at all levels
* Able to undertake technical investigations and audits Knowledgeable in the design, architecture and configuration of the relevant systems
* Able to analysis system performance data
* Able to produce procedures, reports, plans and associated technical and performance documentation
* Able to assess competencies of individuals
* Able to develop and deliver training through structured courses and coaching
* Able to produce training documentation, training aids and equipment
* Experience of Installation/Commissioning/Maintenance of relevai systems in the Rail environment.
* Practical experience of safety and operational process/procedures in the Rail environment.
* Knowledge of the legislative and technical standards applicable to the Railenvironment
* Must ensure compliance with the statutory regulations etc. Including Health and Safety at Work Act.
* Co-operate fully with company personnel and others by:
* Performing their work activities in the manner in which they have been instructed and trained such that they do not
* Report any unsafe conditions, incidents and near misses to their immediate Supervisor so that remedial action can be taken to eliminate risk.
* Keep their workplace in a safe and tidy condition.
* Conform with the fire fighting and emergency procedures applicable to their place of work.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.