Global SaaS company is looking to recruit a Systems Engineer, who will be primarily responsible for designing, building, monitoring, maintaining, and troubleshooting problems in the company's customer facing servers and applications.
As part of a global team, you will be primarily responsible for consulting on technical designs, planning capacity expansions, planning for disaster recovery scenarios, automating processes, and installing software. The position will be responsible for producing and maintaining documentation on installation details for each environment and common troubleshooting procedures. Specifically you will:
- Install, validate, and support the company's applications in the hosted/SaaS environments.
- Ensure production level systems are running at all times and have multiple levels of redundancy to meet committed SLAs.
- Manage servers, applications, and databases for performance, reliability, redundancy, and scale.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all supported products and technologies.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance such as monitoring the performance of systems, virus detection and monitoring network backups.
- Assist with the tactical implementation of any technology project and provide on-going technology support.
- Document environment topology and installation details.
- Write and develop scripts for automating repetitive tasks and making configuration changes.
- Administer user additions, deletions and changes.
- Work with customers to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Maintain a disaster recovery plan and perform regular tests.
- Maintain audit compliancy and keep all software licensing and maintenance contracts current.
- Plan for expansion of capacity and recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment when necessary.
- Maintain data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Carry out all policies and procedures as established by the team, department, or company at large.
- Provide 24x7 support for all network and server systems that are pivotal to production as part of a 24X7 on-call rotation
- Consistently demonstrate the company's values: humility, integrity, drive to excellence, results orientation, winning attitude, grit
You will be an experienced Systems Engineer with strong hands-on experience with Windows server and database technologies. Specifically you will possess:
- Experience with database (SQL Server) and web server technology (IIS, etc.)
- Experience with Windows Servers, NetApp, VMware, Scripting (PowerShell, Python, etc.)
- Experience with building and managing public cloud environments (AWS, Azure)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Project and task oriented with a focus on details
- Ability to proactively communicate detailed status to customer and project team
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work both within a team and independently
- Ability to make sound decisions based on customer needs and technical knowledge
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills
Familiarity with configuration management technologies (SaltStack, Chef, DSC) will be beneficial
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'