To architect, application architecture for business critical production systems, ensuring designs are aligned to core business architectural principles.
To work with development teams to design, develop and maintain business critical applications using a variety of technologies, providing mentoring, best practice guidance, and technical expertise.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good technical skills with a good knowledge of solution design and architecture.
- Experience of best practice relating to development methodologies and application lifecycle management.
- Experience and awareness of software design patterns and their application to solving problems.
- Experience of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Web Services, and associated technologies.
- Experience of technical mentoring and in-depth problem-solving and associated communication skills.
- Proven aptitude to rapidly adopt and implement new techniques and technologies, and to drive innovation in approaches to development.
- Experience of software development within an agile development environment, including implementing supporting tools or techniques.
- Experience of designing and implementing systems / software solutions that operate in a critical production / manufacturing environment desirable.
- Good database skills with a sound understanding of, and experience using SQL Server
- An understanding of Enterprise Service Buses specifically Microsoft BizTalk