Position Title: System Design Engineer
Location: West Midlands
Contract Long term
System Design Engineer Position is based in the Electrified Propulsion System Design team within the Powertrain (PT) department.
The team is primarily located at the Technical centre, whilst working extensively with teams at other sites.
Working as part of a team, the chosen candidate will be responsible for the design of key system features:
* Capturing and documenting systems requirements in a robust manner
* Cascading system requirements to sub-systems within / outside the Powertrain department
* Use case development to aid in system definition - Delivery efficient technical solutions to cross functional problems
* Ensuring all robustness / quality processes are followed and built in to the system design
* Working closely with the system and functional safety leads
* Liaising across departments to ensure electrified propulsion system functionality is delivered correctly
1) Strong experience of using IBM Rational suite of products, with particular emphasis on DOORS requirements management.
2) Strong experience of delivering complex system designs using systems engineering methodologies.
3) Proven experience in leading resolution and delivery of complex technical issues within project team environment
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job