Position Title: System Architect
Division: Vehicle Engineering
Location: West Midlands
System Architect (Automotive Systems) is a world class and respected developer of Premium SUVs and Luxury cars.
An increasingly important part of vehicles in this segment are the software intensive features that lead to products that are very much more than the sum of their parts.
As a Systems Engineer:
* Lead the definition; development and delivery of harmonised systems solutions, consisting of multiple interconnected components, into our vehicles
* System Functional and Non-Functional Analysis - carry out a range of analysis and investigations of the customer requirements to define the expected system functionality and their performance targets.
* Evaluate multiple system design concepts and maintain integrity between system and its components to arrive at a harmonised solution
* System Functional and Physical Architecture - Liaise with architecture teams to maintain alignment with the specified programmes, as well as electrical and physical vehicle architecture.
* System Design Specification - prepare system requirements specification and developing functional designs, demonstrating how the system satisfies the defined customer requirements
* System Integration - Define system logical and physical architecture, Interface Control Document and a system integration plan.
* Verification and Validation - Design and develop system integration tests
* Lead cross-functional technical reviews on the systems
* Adhere to the defined systems engineering process
* System Functional and non-functional analysis
* System Integration Model based systems engineering (MBSE) Requirements Management (RM)
* Experience in SysML / IBM Rational Rhapsody / IBM Rational DOORS
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.