System Administrator - Linux - AWS - Cloud Service Platforms - Docker
Opus 2 International is a market-leading provider of professional collaboration software in the legal industry. Today, the company delivers its flagship Opus 2 Magnum™ platform and sophisticated electronic courtroom services to the largest and most complex litigations in the world. We are headquartered in London, with regional offices spanning New York, San Francisco and Singapore. Software development is conducted from our Edinburgh location.
As System Administrator, you will oversee the delivery of our software solutions to our global customer base in conjunction with our infrastructure support team. You will play a key role in ensuring availability of cloud service, security of client data and smooth delivery of new code releases and longer-term architecture projects (including on-premise deployments of software). You will also work closely with DevOps resource and the remote development team (based in Edinburgh).
You will liaise with key stakeholders on the product development, security, support, operational and legal teams to foster a collaborative and harmonious approach to service delivery. You will require good communication skills to ensure strategic business objectives and SLAs are met.
- Linux/Ubuntu OS;
- Puppet, or working knowledge of configuration management, e.g Chef/Ansible;
- Amazon AWS or practical management experience with cloud service platforms;
- Strong scripting skills (Bash/Python);
- Knowledge of container technology (Docker) is highly beneficial;
- Experience with HashiCorp stack desirable;
- Strong organisation skills;
- Excellent problem solving skills and collaborative approach to troubleshooting; and
- Good communicator at all levels.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of the global server estate to ensure service delivery at an extremely high standard;
- Assist in the execution of long term strategic plans for Infrastructure, Architecture and Operations;
- Flight checks and general support of servers;
- Act as an initial point of escalation for technical operational issues that are considered a priority;
- Work with the support, development and operational teams to ensure a consistent and responsive service model; and
- Maintain a dialogue focused on operational continual service improvement.
If this is the type of role that interests you or you are looking for a change please do not hesitate send across your CV. Opus 2 are an exciting, growing business so this is the ideal time to join...
Opus 2 International is an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants are selected solely on the basis of their relevant aptitudes, skills and abilities. No applicant shall receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, pregnancy, maternity, colour race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, belief, sexual orientation, disability, age. This is not an exclusive list.
- Cloud Computing