SysOps Engineer sought after by a leading Financial Services provider in Central London.
The role of the SysOps Engineer to provide operational support to the Digital Infrastructure DevOps team. The SysOps engineers will work with the DevOps engineers, Cloud services Governance team and the Application DevOps teams to ensure successful delivery of operational activities required to manage and run infrastructure Cloud Services.
The SysOps engineers will review security and compliance tasks across all business line projects to ensure risks are identified and action is being taken to mitigate risk. The SysOps engineers will also provide 24x7 (globally) 2nd line support to resolve infrastructure issues experienced by projects.
- Providing 24x7 support for Cloud infrastructure deployed on business line projects (shared globally).
- Supporting infrastructure incident investigations and putting in place systems & controls to minimise future incidents.
- Monitoring Digital Cloud infrastructure components and pro-actively taking preventative actions where issues are identified.
- Providing regular and ad-hoc service reporting as required by the business (including security, risk and compliance reports).
- Reviewing security and compliance notifications and co-ordinate the business line response.
- Managing infrastructure changes to ensure the agreed level of governance is applied.
- Manage infrastructure release pipelines.
- Support periodic patch management, vulnerability scanning and server re-build activities.
- Review cloud infrastructure costs and implement improvements to optimize costs.
- Ensure governance processes are followed to enable new service on boarding.
- Support operational acceptance testing.
- History of working in an infrastructure SysOps role for AWS Cloud environments.
- Supporting infrastructure transition from Development to Production.
- Provide a point of co-ordination between cross-functional IT teams.
- Risk management effectiveness.
- Proven AWS experience and AWS Certifications.
- Linux administration and scripting preferably RedHat.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment.
Technical experience of the following:
Packer / Terraform / Ansible / Redhat Linux / Bash
The ideal candidate will have a track record of
- Linux Certification
- Windows Server Certification
- AWS Certifications - Technical Essentials
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job