REED Scientific have an exciting opportunity for a Synthetic Organic Chemist to work within a premier Research & Development (R&D) service provider supporting the life science industry. The organisation has established diverse drug R&D service capabilities, ranging from synthetic, medicinal and analytical chemistry, biology, DMPK, pharmacology, drug safety assessment, chemical & pharmaceutical development to clinical development. With operations spanning 3 different continents and over 4,000 employees the company have an excellent track record in the delivery of R&D solutions to its numerous global partners.
We are currently looking to recruit enthusiastic and highly motivated Chemists to join the Organic Synthesis team in Cardiff.
The group offers a radiolabelled custom synthesis service to clients in the pharmaceutical agrochemical and industrial sectors and over the years has acquired great experience in the development of synthetic routes for the preparation and purification of radiolabelled compounds. The scope of work covers a wide range of organic compounds, including volatile intermediates, the isolation and analysis of chiral compounds and the preparation of macromolecules and peptides/proteins.
Ideally you will have experience of the chemical synthesis of organic products, using a range of techniques including; small scale synthetic organic chemistry, preparative HPLC, flash chromatography, crystallisation and a range of analytical techniques.
• PhD (or equivalent) Degree in Organic Chemistry or related Chemistry subject area.
• Experience and demonstrable expertise within the field of synthetic organic chemistry.
• Practical application of chromatographic techniques e.g. HPLC & UPLC.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Computer literate.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and as part of a team.
• Conscientious and meticulous in laboratory work.
• Good time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Proven ability to problem solve.
• Willing to get involved with new ideas and initiatives.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business