Senior Financial Accountant
London, EC3M 3BD
QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
To assist the Syndicate Financial Controllers to manage the accounting and reporting activities of the Syndicate Insurance Accounting Team (who are based both in London and the GSSC, Cebu) ensuring the completeness, accuracy and consistency of underlying data. The role holder will ensure key financial numbers are reconciled, collated and reported to internal standard. The role will also necessitate liaison with external and internal customers.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Reconciliations between different systems as well as reconciling/investigating balance sheet broker accounts.
- Assist in the monthly close process, including preparation and posting of all underwriting and non-underwriting journals.
- Completing tasks for the on-line reconciliation tool, BlackLine and the subsequent Finance Attestation which is prepared for QBE Group Reporting.
- Ensure the statutory books and records are properly maintained in accordance with QBE Accounting policies and market best practice.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly and quarterly results for submission to the (Re) / Insurance Finance Director, senior European (EO) management and Group.
- Assist in the production of the monthly & quarterly management reports, QBE Group reporting package and associated audit files.
- Working with colleagues in London, as well as the GSSC, to ensure the overall output and quality of the service provided by the team is to an appropriate high standard.
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA or equivalent).
- Recent or current experience of working for a Syndicate Accounting team or within a Big 4 firm.
- Significant experience of working in a complex financial services environment.
- Strong financial accounting background.
- Familiarity with Oracle, TM1 and Hyperion desirable.
- Experienced MS Excel user (pivots, if statements, lookups and experience of working with large amounts of data).
- Experience of using the on-line reconciliation tool BlackLine.
- Excellent command of MS Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Someone that can work accurately and effectively in a deadline driven environment.
- Someone that is proactive and able to think quickly and clearly under pressure.
- A dynamic individual that can adapt quickly to change.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies.
Please click the 'Apply’ button to be taken to the job on our system.
- London Market