BCA operates the largest used-vehicle marketplace in the UK and Europe operating in 10 countries, 60 different locations, selling 1.3 million vehicles per annum. BCA touches over 3.5m vehicles a year as it provides services along the vehicle life cycle from port to dealerships for new vehicles to refurbishment and logistics for used vehicles and the core re-marketing and auction operations.
We are currently looking to recruit a part time Switchboard Operator to work Thursdays and Fridays between 8:30am- 17:30pm based at our Paddock Wood branch.
Please see below for more details on this position:
To provide an efficient switchboard service to the auction centre.
- Answer all calls to the auction centre within 5 rings to ensure that all calls are dealt with promptly.
- Ensure that the caller is connected to the correct person in the auction centre to reply to their call.
- Give up-to-date general information about events at the auction centre.
- Refer complex queries to the appropriate department or individual in the auction centre to ensure that the switchboard is not tied up with lengthy calls.
- Undertake any simple administration work that can be done while also operating the switchboard to assist with the general work of the business administration department and the auction centre.
- Undertake reception duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Action any issues, queries or complaints arising so that any problems are resolved, in a timely fashion, to all parties satisfaction as far as is reasonably practicable. Escalate any complex issues to the relevant manager.
- Undertake cross-functional tasks within the business administration department as necessary to meet operational requirements.
- Undertake ad-hoc tasks as necessary to meet the business needs and for your own personal development.
- Business Administration
- Switchboard Operator
- Receptionist Duties