BCA operates the largest used-vehicle marketplace in the UK and Europe operating in 10 countries, 60 different locations, selling 1.3 million vehicles per annum. BCA touches over 3.5m vehicles a year as it provides services along the vehicle life cycle from port to dealerships for new vehicles to refurbishment and logistics for used vehicles and the core re-marketing and auction operations.
This is an exciting opportunity to join British Car Auctions, a fast paced company that really values your skills and hard work - a chance to work for the BCA Administration Team, a positive and focused team working for Europe’s largest vehicle remarketing company.
Main purpose of job:
To provide a friendly and efficient switchboard service to the auction centre.
- Answer all calls to the auction centre within 5 rings to ensure that all calls are dealt with promptly.
- Ensure that the caller is connected to the correct person in the auction centre to reply to their call.
- Give up-to-date general information about events at the auction centre.
- Refer complex queries to the appropriate department or individual in the auction centre to ensure that the switchboard is not tied up with lengthy calls.
- Deal with logging and informing departments of post and packages.
- Undertake any simple administration work that can be done while also operating the switchboard to assist with the general work of the business administration department and the auction centre.
- Undertake reception duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Action any issues, queries or complaints arising so that any problems are resolved, in a timely fashion, to all parties’ satisfaction as far as is reasonably practicable. Escalate any complex issues to the relevant manager.
- Undertake cross-functional tasks within the business administration department as necessary to meet operational requirements.
- Undertake ad-hoc tasks as necessary to meet the business needs and for your own personal development.
Experience of working on a busy switchboard
Able to manage various tasks and deal with promptly
Polite and professional manner
Auction Centre knowledge
Working hours are Thursday and Friday from 8.30am to 5.30pm.
Working for BCA
We have been bringing together buyers and sellers for nearly 70 years. Starting in 1946 as Southern Counties Car Auctions, we were one of the first companies to let people across the UK buy and sell a wide range of cars at auction, from budget run-arounds to exotic imports.
Working for BCA you will receive;
Benefits include a minimum of 10 days holiday
Subsidised onsite restaurant
Uniform will be provided
Staff reward scheme and discounts
Company pension scheme
If you're looking for a career that has great teamwork, training, rewards, long-term scope and is going places - apply now!
- Business Administration
- Switchboard Operator
- Receptionist Duties
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"