Main Purpose of the Role:
To develop, release and deliver a range of automotive electro-mechanical assemblies such as individual switches, multi switch assemblies, roof modules, HVAC control units, infotainment control devices, keys etc.
Also may be required to deliver vehicle horn installations.
Scope of the Role
1. Concept Design
2. Specification Generation
3. Final Design & Release
4. Project Management
5. Validation Plan Generation & Management
6. Cross Functional Communication
7. Responsibility for ensuring that local Health and Safety policies and procedures are followed in order to ensure own safety and the safety of others.
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified to HND (minimum) in electrical / electronics but mechanical qualifications with relevant experience would be considered.
- The applicant will be able to demonstrate a track record of success in the development and coordination of components and systems.
- A proactive approach with a clear focus on working collaboratively with suppliers and developing a good working relationship.
- There will be a need to work / travel to mainland Europe (mainly Germany). German language skills would be useful.
Experience in the development of automotive electro-mechanical assemblies such as switches and multi switch assemblies. For example;
o Seat movement / seat comfort switches.
o Door locking switches.
o Column Modules (wiper / lights).
o Steering wheel switches.
o HVAC control units.
o Roof modules.
o System and component definition.
o Compilation of detailed specifications and requests for quotations.
o Part drawing creation requirments.
o Experience of part packaging, fixing methods and DMU.
o An understanding of prototype moulding, pressing, PCB, painting, injection moulding and diecasting processes to make electro-mechanical assemblies.
o An understanding of validation & test requirements of such components.
o Understanding of switch haptics and rotary control forces and measurement.
o Understand of illumination design and measurement of interior lamps, switch graphics and displays.
o Understanding of electrical circuit diagrams, circuit design and system integration onto vehicles.
o Understanding of vehicle communication networks including CAN and LIN communication buses.
o Working to quality standards and processes.
o Supplier liasion and management.
o Experience with Microsoft office programs including word, power point and excel.
o The applicant should be able familiar with working with design engineers in a CAD based environment for component design and development.
o Knowledge of CATIA V5 and an understanding of the LCA environment for engineering design is a benefit but not essential as training will be given.
Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.