We are currently recruiting for swimming instructors based at our Wednesbury site. This is a great opportunity to be part of an amazing team and be able to provide swimming instructions to school pupils and day to day customers.
To provide swimming instruction to school pupils and customers. To deliver appropriate lesson plans, and complete appropriate supporting administration tasks. To assist the Swimming Development Officers in the marketing and administration of the swimming instruction programme.
Your role and responsibility
In addition to the responsibilities listed below, all employees must be flexible in their approach to undertake such other duties which are commensurate with the post holder’s salary grade, to achieve the objectives of the post.
It is the responsibility of each employee to carry out their duties in line with the Trust’s policies on equality (please refer to the Policy Statement), harassment and racial equality, and be sensitive and caring to the needs of the disadvantaged, promoting a positive approach to a harmonious working environment.
Each employee should act as an exemplar on these issues and should also identify and monitor training for themselves and any employees they are responsible for in line with these policies and the equality standard.
All employees must carry out responsibilities with due regard to the health and safety regulations.
Day to day duties
- To provide swimming instruction to customers of school swimming lessons, after school clubs, public swimming lessons, Learn to Swim campaigns and other appropriate swimming development sessions.
- To maintain appropriate records of pupils’ progress achievements of awards in all aspects of swimming instruction and records in support of the delivery of the National Curriculum for school swimming.
- To provide cover for the absenteeism of other instructors as appropriate.
- To liaise with customers in the handling of queries and assist in consultation on service delivery.
- To assist the Swimming Development Officers in facilitating swimming development opportunities for people of all ages and abilities.
- To liaise with all agencies and groups to establish meaningful partnerships between schools, clubs, local authority service areas, and/or consortia of Local Authorities.
- To liaise with swimming clubs and relevant associations to establish clear pathways for swimmers within Sandwell.
- To support swimming clubs in gaining governing body accreditations, eg Swim 21.
- To provide education and development opportunities for staff, teachers, coaches, and volunteers within the Trust. This will involve preparation for and presentation of relevant information material.
- To assist in the development of the sport of swimming within the Trust.
- To maintain relevant lifesaving qualifications and knowledge of swimming teaching issues by appropriate processes of staff training and Continual Professional Development.
- To attend and participate in staff training initiatives as appropriate.
- To assist with the promotion of availability of swimming facilities to schools and other educational establishments.
- Assemble/dismantle equipment and prepare areas as required in the provision of lessons.
- Respond to and comply with the Emergency Action Plan. Complete incident, accident and general reports, and assist in investigations as required.
- Policies, Codes of Practices and Safe Working Instructions.
- To operate in accordance with the Trust’s Policies on Data Protection and Acceptable Use of Information Systems and any procedures relevant to the job role.
Salary Grade: Grade 4 (£20,753 to £24,315 FTE per annum)
Qualifications and minimum requirements for the role
- Teaching Award - either/or
- Amateur Swimming Association Level 2 (Teacher) Unit 1 - 4 or Swimming Teacher Association (Full) Teaching Certificate.
- Rescue Award - either/or
- RLSS National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers and Coaches or National Pool Lifeguard Award
- STA National Aquatic Rescue Skills for Poolside Helpers or National Aquatic Rescue Award for Pool Lifeguards
- STA Level 2 Award for Pool Responder
The hours and sgift patterns
- Tuesday Evenings - 16.00pm to 18.00pm
- Thursday Evenings - 16.15pm to 19.15pm
- Friday Evenings - 16.00pm to 18.00pm
- Sunday Mornings - 09:00am-13:00pm
Total Hours: 11 Hours (Can apply for separate days if more suitable)
- Tuesday Evenings - 16.15pm to 18.15pm
- Thursday Evenings - 16.00pm to 19.00pm
- Friday Evenings - 16.15pm to 19.45pm
- Sunday Mornings - 9.00am to 11.00am
Total Hours: 10.5 Hours (Can apply for separate days if more suitable)
- Term Time Only Position- Rota subject to requirements of the Centre
- Casual Position - Work as and When required across various Site with Sandwell leisure Trust but based at Wednesbury Leisure Centre
To find out more, please apply, where one of our consultants will contact you to discuss your application.
- swimming teacher
- swimming instructor
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'