We are currently recruiting for a Sustainability Engineer to join a multi-disciplinary property consultancy based in Ipswich. Operating in both the public and private sectors, our client have a proven, award-winning, track record in the local & regional markets.
The successful Sustainability Engineer will undertake a wide range of duties including, but not limited to, managing the council's Salix fund for use on sustainable energy projects, monitoring the performance of existing photovoltaic installations for buildings, investigating the technical & economic feasibility of integrating new technologies on buildings, level 3 EPC assessments, and DEC assessments & reassessments. Other duties will be discussed as required.
It is envisaged that the successful Sustainability Engineer will hold a Sustainable Energy / Environmental Engineering related Degree, or equivalent. An up-to-date working knowledge of the relevant climate change, energy and building legislation & regulations will also be required, as will previous experience / knowledge of energy ratings & assessments of buildings. It will be highly advantageous if the Engineer is capable of using Systemlink (in connection with Display energy certificates) and proprietary energy related modelling software, such as Design Builder.
Sustainability Engineer Position Overview
- Manage the Council's Salix fund for use on sustainable energy projects
- Monitor the performance of existing Photovoltaic installations for Council buildings
- Investigate the technical and economic feasibility of integrating new technologies on buildings
- Level 3 EPC assessments
- DEC assessments & reassessments
- Other duties to be discussed as required
Sustainability Engineer Position Requirements
- Degree, or equivalent, in Sustainable Energy / Environmental Engineering or similar.
- Up-to-date working knowledge of relevant Climate Change, Energy and Building legislation & regulations
- Experience / knowledge of energy ratings & assessments of buildings
- Capable of using proprietary energy related modelling software, such as Design Builder, to produce building compliance documents
- Capable of using Systemlink
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office
Sustainability Engineer Position Remuneration
- Salary: DOE
- Package to be discussed as required
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy