Sustainability and EMS Assistant
Swansea University is a research-led university that has been making a difference since 1920. Our diverse and welcoming community thrives on exploration and discovery, with a balance of excellent teaching and research, alongside a superb quality of life. Our commitment to research with real-world benefits has seen us achieve our ambition to be a Top 30 Research University, soaring up the 2014 Research Excellence Framework league table to 26th in the UK from 52nd in 2008.
Our stunning waterfront campuses make us a desirable location for students and staff from around the world, and our multicultural community provides a global perspective, enabling those who join us to develop skills and knowledge that set them on successful and enriching careers.
Swansea University is a leading, sustainable university with ambitions to help drive forward sustainable development both in the UK and further afield. We are currently ranked 9th in the Guardian University Green League, at Swansea University we are proud of our many achievements in embedding sustainability into University life. We have a dedicated and committed team of sustainability professionals working at the University. Our team brings expertise from industry and academia and is committed to working together with staff, students and the community to ensure that the University operates on a resilient, compliant and sustainable basis. One of the team is on maternity leave for 12 months, and this post will help the team to cover her work, with support across all of our areas being provided by this Sustainability and EMS Assistant post.
Employer: Change Agents UK Trading Ltd
Client: Swansea University
Salary (per annum pro rata): £20,000
Start Date: June / July 2021
Contract: Fixed Term - 12 MonthsWe need:
The Sustainability and EMS Assistant will have specific responsibilities for assisting in the coordination and implementation all aspects of the University’s Environmental Management System ISO14001 in close collaboration with faculties and professional service units. You will bring your enthusiasm for sustainability to assist in the coordination of other projects pertaining to sustainability and environment, including staff and student engagement, resource and carbon reduction all related to the University’s Sustainability and Climate Emergency Strategy. You will be talking to and engaging with a very wide variety of students, staff and other stakeholders, so you’ll need to be confident, friendly and up for a challenge!What’s in it for you?
You will get to work in a lovely group of sustainability professionals, learn all aspects of corporate sustainability, engage with lots of lovely people, and try to effect positive change! We offer students, staff and the local community opportunities to get involved in our work to improve practices across our campuses and help us continue to lead the way in developing a more sustainable future for all. You will attend working groups and meetings across the year on a variety of sustainability topics including carbon management, Fairtrade, environmental management and waste. You will increase your employability, develop much needed skills, and further your understanding of today’s most pressing issues.Key responsibilities:
- To support a range of thematic areas under University’s Sustainability and Climate Emergency Strategy.
- To be responsible, with other colleagues, for the implementation and management of the University’s Environmental Management System (EMS).
- To work closely with Faculties and PSUs to develop, implement and report on their Sustainability Action Plans in order to continually improve performance in regard to the environment and sustainability.
- Provide support and advice to University staff and students in regard to sustainability matters.
- Assist with the collection and analysis of environmental and sustainability data to enable annual performance to be established.
- Develop effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including the local community, NUS, students union, planning authorities, environmental regulators, business and industry, and local interest groups.
- To assist in environmental audits and establishing comparative data to enable effective benchmarking.
- To assist in the preparation of reports covering all aspects of the sustainability and environmental activities at a senior level at appropriate timings.
- To use various social media and other communication techniques to disseminate sustainability and environmental information and choices to all staff and students, engaging with academic schools, administrative departments, commercial tenants, and Student Union as appropriate.
- To fully engage with the University’s Performance Enabling and Welsh language policies.
- To promote equality and diversity in working practices and to maintain positive working relationships.
- To conduct all activities within the University's environmental requirements as set out in its Sustainability Policy and Environmental Management System, in order to minimise individual and departmental impact.
Job description with person specification and information on placement terms can be found on our website.Timetable:
Application Deadline: Sunday, 23rd May 2021, Midnight
Telephone Interview Date: w/c 24th May 2021
Interview Date: Wednesday 9th and Thursday 10th June 2021
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'