Job ref: MJA/SUSHI2ND01
Sushi Chef - 28Kpa (negotiable depending on experience) - 4 day working week in an iconic City of London 5* hotel!
This is an opportunity for a fine dining experienced Sushi Chef to join a fantastic team in a luxury hotel in the heart of London. This unique position offers the chance to work in a state of the art kitchen, full time hours with an incredible 3 days off a week! Show off your hard-earned skills and still have time to see the sights of London or spend time with your family and friends!
You will be helping to pioneer an entirely new section within this fully operational 5* Hotel. Due to open within the next few weeks, you will have a hand in the set up and operation of this aspect of service. A portion of this role will be customer-facing, so you should be presentable and clean at all times.
Reflecting the impeccable standards and reputation of this 5* City of London hotel, a minimum of 3 years proven experience in fine dining, luxury Japanese or Sushi cuisine in any branch of the Hospitality and Catering industry is required. Through this experience, you should be able to demonstrate that you can prepare all types of fish for sushi or sashimi and be able to prepare maki and nigiri.
Perfection in food hygiene is a must as a Sushi Chef considering the risk level of the food with which you will be working - a valid food hygiene certificate is essential, and your knife skills should be of the highest standard. You should be available for evening and weekend shifts and have the creativity to be able to contribute to dish development and menu planning.
This job entails:
- 4 days on/3 days off a week (rotational basis)
- 28Kpa salary (negotiable depending on experience)
- 47 hours a week
- 20 days holiday pro rata + bank holidays
- A creative aspect in the development of new dishes and features
- An entirely new position in an iconic 5* City of London Hotel
What we need from you:
- 3 years minimum experience as a Sushi Chef in luxury Hospitality and Catering
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Eligible to live and work in the UK - Passport and/or Visa
- Valid Food Hygiene Certificate level 2
- Your own knives and whites, including safety shoes and hat
- A minimum of 2 years of references
The Change Group is acting as an employment agency in this instance. Due to the high volume of applicants expected, only successful candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"