South Norfolk Council has an exciting opportunity for a Surveyor (Building Control) to join the team based in South Norfolk House, Long Stratton with occasional travel to The Boathouse, Wisbech. You will be there on a full time, permanent basis and you will be offered a competitive salary of £34,538 - £42,614 per annum depending on experience.
Building Regulations not only set standards for the design and construction of buildings but also ensures the health and safety for people in or around those buildings.
Working at South Norfolk Council would enable you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
The Surveyor (Building Control) role:
You will be working as part of an award-winning team in a vibrant and forward-thinking organisation in a time of growth and development. There are great opportunities to develop your career with exposure to high profile clients and projects. Every day is different from working on plan checks to going out on-site.
We believe in a collaborative partnership approach to building control, we are innovative and pioneering with digital working and mobile working, with home starts in a semi-autonomous role.
Responsibilities of our Surveyor (Building Control):
- Responsible for the enforcement and administration of the building regulations and associated legislation
- Managing a portfolio of ‘partner companies’
- Responsible for management and mentoring appropriate to your level within our careers matrix
- Attending dangerous structures
The ideal Surveyor (Building Control) will have the below skills and experience:
- Full Membership of a recognised professional body such as; Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), Association of Building Engineers (CABE)
- Full UK (or equivalent) driving licence
- 3 years minimum experience in a building control surveying role within a Local Authority Building Control or Approved Inspector environment
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Ability to motivate others
Benefits of becoming our Surveyor (Building Control):
- Employer pension contributions of 15%
- Performance related pay up to 4%
- 23 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Flexi time
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
As a Platinum Investors in People you will have regular reviews with your line manager and a personal development plan. We also support towards volunteering days in the community and encourage staff to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Surveyor (Building Control) then please click ‘apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: 17 April 2018
Interview Date: 26 April 2018
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job