London - Stockwell, covering London, Kent and Sussex
The Hyde Group is one of the largest landlords in the UK. We own and manage over 50,000 properties across London and the South East. We are a not for profit organisation with a big commercial focus and a big heart!
Our Stock Investment Department has recently had a refresh and we are seeking new talent to join the team in what will be a period of rapid growth and development for the organisation.
We are seeking an experienced Surveyor to provide an excellent and professional housing maintenance service and be responsible for the specification, issue, supervision and monitoring of repairs related building maintenance. Including repair and maintenance, void works, refurbishment, adaptations, modernisation and improving and servicing our properties to meet customer expectations. To ensure that all responsive repairs works are carried out to the required standard and that quality and value for money issues are demonstrated.
About the job:
- Ensure that all planned and strategic repairs works are carried out to the required standard and that quality and value for money issues are demonstrated
- Work within agreed budgets and cost controls, ensuring adherence with financial procedures at all times and produce reports and other information as required in line with statutory, regulatory and policy requirements
- Undertake surveys and prepare schedules and any contract specification documents. Amend existing documents to reflect any changes or enhancements to the existing repairs service as directed
- Ascertain report on and take mitigating action, as required, for known risks associated with the repairs service
- Monitor and report on areas of inappropriate specification of work from the client requiring further inspection and work
- Regularly inspect the quality of workmanship in accordance with the agreed standard specifications of work as directed
- Ensure the delivery of all responsive repairs, cyclical and planned maintenance programmes, aids and adaptations and emergency call outs in accordance with agreed performance standards
- Assist in the preparation of specifications, drawings, estimates and tender documents as required
- Undertake all duties in line with The Hyde Group's values, policies and procedures and regulations ensuing that the work undertaken actively promotes equality of opportunity and non-discrimination
- Naturally it goes without saying that you will have excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Previous surveying experience in complex works
- Be able to manage a variety of situations and issues effectively
- Be dynamic, solution focused and Innovative in your approach with the ability to make your own decisions
- Have meticulous attention to detail and good time management.
- Be able to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to handle the complexity of major works.
- Possess a 'can do' attitude, and a desire to be a part of a team and to be a key part of its success.
- Can take ownership and deliver projects through from 'cradle to grave'
- Actively seek ways to enhance the service that we offer our customers
- CDM Experience is essential and a CIOB or RICS qualification would be preferred.
- Due to the nature of this role you will need to be a car driver.
What Hyde can offer you:
Hyde offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual, such as the ability to work from home and other Hyde locations. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits using our flexible benefits scheme (iFlex), which includes options around Childcare, Lease Car, Gym Membership, Eye care, and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer a number of substantial Core benefits including an impressive Pension Scheme.
If you think you have got what it takes? Click Apply Now and upload your CV.
- Building Maintenance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'