BMI Ridgeway Hospital in Swindon is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Surgical First Assistant to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a Part-time role for 25 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrable skills and an underpinning knowledge beyond the standard level of knowledge expected of a qualified perioperative practitioner.
- Practitioners must have completed SFA accredited awards, such as an Advanced Scrub Practitioner module an SFA in-house training course developed by an individual healthcare organisation or an award or module run by a higher education institution.
- Practitioners will be required to demonstrate competence defined by the AfPP SFA Competency toolkit (AfPP 2013). AfPP recommend that job titles and job descriptions are updated to reflect the role of the SFA as defined by the PCC (2012).
Duties of this role include:
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.