Surface Water Engineer Maternity Cover
This opportunity is to be offered on a fixed term basis covering maternity leave.
Essex is committed to enabling inclusive economic growth, helping people get the best start and age well, helping create great places to grow up, live and work and transforming the Council to achieve more with less.
The Surface Water Engineer contributes to the development and implementation of strategic plans, policy and best practice to improve the Council's knowledge and understanding of surface water flood risk and methods of management. Ensuring information regarding surface water flood risk is captured, utilised and disseminated to other flood Risk Management Authorities, enabling strategic decision making.
This role will seek to promote excellence in developing new approaches and initiatives to surface water management through multi-agency partnerships and incorporating new technology. Requiring an in depth knowledge of data and asset management, local planning system, legislation and hydraulic modelling techniques/outputs.
* Responsible for providing advice to Local Planning Authorities and the Development and Flood Risk team, ensuring surface water flood risk information is embedded in strategic Local Plans and used effectively to inform planning decisions.
* Responsible for managing the commissioning and procurement of Surface Water Management Plans to improve flood risk knowledge in Essex. Ensuring data is shared with the Commercial Development Team.
* Responsible for advising and liaising with emergency planners, emergency responders, Essex Highways and other flood risk management authorities to ensure surface water flood risk is understood and used to inform responses to flooding incidents.
* Contribute to the development and implementation of the Essex County Council Flood Asset Register (AIMS), including managing the designation of significant assets for the Council.
* Work collaboratively with the Lead Local Flood Authority Team and Surface Water Steering Groups to co-ordinate applications for funding in liaison with the Commercial and Project Development Officers.
* Support provision of advice to elected Members on surface water management issues, Cabinet Member Actions and Key Decision papers for information or scrutiny.
* Work collaboratively with partners to initiate and support public engagement, consultation events, press releases and information campaigns.
* Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Knowledge, Skils and Experience
* Educated to degree level in a related subject or equivalent proven experience in the field of surface water management with a proven track record of success.
* Evidence of continuing professional development with expert knowledge in the relevant professional area.
* Deep knowledge of Flood Risk Management, Land Drainage, Asset Management and understanding of the responsibilities of the Lead Local Flood Authority.
* Excellent communication skills, with evidence of success in preparing and presenting clear reports and consultations.
* Proven ability to build, create and manage effective multi-agency partnerships from the public and private sector which are collaborative in nature. Experience of delivering advice at senior level and to stakeholders which influences decision making.
* Significant experience of commissioning, managing multiple consultants and contractors and successful project management and delivery. Experience of procurement, mandates and legal process.
* In depth knowledge of data and asset management, local planning system and legislation and hydraulic modelling techniques/outputs.
* Builds strong working partnerships formulating plans and strategies, identifying synergies across organisations and developing and implementing programmes of work.
(Qualification certificates should be brought to interview)
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
- Asset Management
- Flood Risk Management
- Land Drainage
- Surface Water Engineer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'