Contract Duration: 6 Months (initially and then ongoing thereafter)
Hourly Rate: the department are offering competitive hourly rates
Security Information: Please Note you must be eligible for SC Security Clearance (unfortunately due to security restrictions for this role, the candidate will need to be a British National with no dual nationality and must have resided in the UK for at least 4 of the past 5 years).
Surface Mount Machine Operator Job Description:
The Surface Mount Machine Operator will be responsible for the carrying out of machine manufacturing and self-certification tasks within the deployed business, in accordance with product certification procedures, defined workmanship standards, allocated budgets and timescales to meet project objectives.
* Hand soldering Circuit Card Assemblies to IPC 610 & 001.
* Fine soldering under magnification.
* Surface mount and through-hole component assembly,
* Undertake detailed standard assembly / manufacturing activities, undertaking all work to requisite procedures, quality standards, safety requirements and timescales.
* Contribute to the efficient movement of work and information in the manufacturing area.
* Adhere in all activities to agreed standards and behaviours.
* Comply with all health and safety requirements.
* IPC 610 certified / trained preferred.
* Operations of equipment, to build circuit card assemblies including:-
o DEK screen print machine.
o MyCronic Pick and place machine
o ERSA reflow solder oven
o Koh Young Automated optical inspection
Role requirements (skills, training and qualifications) :
* Prior knowledge of circuit card assembly.
* Dexterity for fine work.
* Read and interpret layouts.
* Follow instructions.
* Willing to work flexible shift patterns.
* Attention to detail.
* Work on own with minimal supervision.
* ESD training.
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.
- Surface Mount Machine Operator