Supported Internship Coordinator - 3 year fixed term contract
The Orpheus Centre is a specialist college which aims to promote personal development through the performing arts.
All staff are expected to understand and contribute to the strategic aim of the Centre as set out in the Strategic Plan.
Our core values are quality, inclusion and innovation. These core values are the foundations for all our work and are what the organisation stands for.
Coordinating the Supported Internship Programme effectively by
- using agreed planning strategies that meet the project outcomes
- develop and maintain the project to meet ESFA requirements
- contributing to the effective utilisation and timetabling of the programme resources
- liaising with the English, Maths & learning Support Team, learning team, parents, employers and other providers to ensure clear communication between all groups
- working with the fundraising and marketing team to ensure the programme is widely publicised and promoted including the sharing of regular updates of progress and successful outcomes
Ensuring the Supported Internship programmes meet the needs of students and employers by:
- identifying and engaging with suitable employers regarding offering job opportunities for young people with SEN whilst on programme cultivate strong working relationships with these employers
- working with final year students with SEN to match them to suitable employment opportunities
- co-ordinate and facilitate the transition arrangements for students progressing into employment
- ensuring students are well prepared to engage with employers and their respective job roles
- delivering sessions which teach and address relevant employment skills, matching these activities to the needs of all learners
- leading reflective workshop-style sessions after supported internship placements to help learners identify strengths and goals
- supporting students on a day-to-day basis on their work placements
- learning the work place duties of each placement and make any modifications (label cabinets, simplifies written instructions, etc) necessary to the successful completion of the job by the student who will interview for that work rotation
- coaching students to complete the essential tasks/duties/core skills of the in partnership with other staff - The goal is independence so the Supported Internships Coordinator/Job Coach needs to build natural supports (mentors within the workplace) and reduce the amount of time spent with each student as core skills are developed
- reinforcing employability skills learnt in class and to help students to understand protocols and interpret work culture
- co-ordinating and planning the related activities of the Job Coaches delivering job coaching in placements
- co-ordinating the preparation and development of appropriate programme resource
- promoting independence identifying and reporting on progress towards this for all students
- having responsibility for ensuring that job coaches work within the time constraints of their contracts
- having responsibility for applying for Access to Work funding for all students on supported internships
- maintaining records for finance and liaison with student finance officer in respect of funding and Access to Work
- organising relevant alternative learning in the event of a day of supported internship being cancelled by employer due to unforeseen circumstances
Contribute to the continuous improvement of the quality of the programmes by:
- carrying out observations and evaluations of students within the work environment
- monitoring, recording and providing feedback on individual student and whole programme progress
- supporting and mentoring Job Coaches, especially focusing on those who are new to the role
- implementing and reviewing action plans
- keeping accurate records of student achievements ensuring they meet the requirements of relevant awarding bodies
Additional generic duties
- Be familiar and competent in using risk assessments for outside trips and internal visits and monitor all off site visits ensuring paperwork is correct and completed and all relevant parties have been informed e.g. catering at Orpheus when students are out on visits or at placements
- Contribute to team meetings, planning and quality assurance systems. This will include being observed and observing others to monitor the quality of teaching and learning
- Attend scheduled training sessions including staff development days
- Occasionally covering for absent colleagues
- To fulfil the college’s equal opportunities and safeguarding policy at all times, recognising and respecting the diversity of all who live and work at the college
- To be aware of the policies and procedures of Orpheus and follow these at all times
- To contribute to the production of the self-assessment report and provide details for the Quality and Learning committee on a regular basis
- Working with the Head of Learning, take responsibility for building and developing links and partnerships with other organisations
- Contributing to the planning and execution of transition events at the college
- To carry out any further duties as required by the Head of Learning or CEO
Orpheus is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all service users. We are committed to the promotion of equal opportunities.
This post is classed as having a high degree of contact with vulnerable adults and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. It is therefore subject to an Enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure Barring Service and will be checked against the Adults Barred List.
We are disabiliy confident employer and we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you are applying under this scheme please highlight this on your application.
- Learning Disabilities
- Coordinating Activities
- Learning Styles
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'