Offering a friendly working environment and team, a competitive salary and a rewarding and varied position within a well-respected charity, we are looking for a compassionate Supported Employment Advisor with experience of working with people with learning disabilities to join our team.
Assist Trust is a Norwich based progression day service for adults with learning disabilities in Norfolk. We encourage our members to gradually take on responsibilities and support them to learn about expectations in the real world. This is achieved through offering a wide range of groups, which help individuals to speak up, build confidence and develop friendships with others.
Salary: £25,000 per annum.
Role Responsibilities - Supported Employment Advisor:
- Helping to ensure that all members (service users) get opportunities in supported employment appropriate to their strengths, abilities and interests and in line with their agreed goals
- Working closely with members of the management team to develop a clear grasp of all ongoing supported employment matters
- Helping co-ordinate the efforts of the Assist Trust Employment and Travel Training team
- Getting to know all members thoroughly at Assist, allowing relationships to develop gradually and naturally as trust levels build
- Providing strengths based support for all members
- Chairing or co-chairing meetings of the Employment and Travel Training team on a regular basis, ensuring that all records are kept accurately
- Helping co-ordinate appropriate internal (in-house) work opportunities for all members keen and ready
- Continuing to develop systems that help initiate, monitor and develop community based work opportunities for Assist Trust members
- Developing and maintaining positive links with local employers, the Norfolk County Council Supported Employment Team, and other providers
- Maintaining a good working knowledge of all supported employment related benefits and entitlements
- Upholding a good awareness of areas of concern, risk or medical need of the members that you work with
Person Specification - Supported Employment Advisor:
- A care related and/or Supported Employment qualification to level 3 or above
- Experience of working with people with learning disabilities
- Experience of working in the field of supported employment
- First Aid trained
- Clean driving licence
- Working knowledge of benefits, entitlements and welfare as they relate to all adults with learning disabilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly, confident and approachable
- Excellent time management skills, able to make efficient use of work time
- Able to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Conscientious and hard-working
- Able to work as part of a team
This is a 1 year Fixed Contract position (to be reviewed).
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'